treinta y ocho

Arcelia glared at Ruby with her arms crossed and started walking beside Jamal and Monse without him

Arcelia glared at Ruby with her arms crossed and started walking beside Jamal and Monse without him. "Wait, what happened?"

"Jasmine." Arcelia glared. Arcelia continued walking and Ruby sighed before speed walking. "I told you to stop being mean to her."

Ruby sighed and tugged on Arcelia's arm to keep her from walking away. "But I apologized." Arcelia stayed silent, walking even though it meant she had to drag Ruby. Ruby wouldn't let go of Arcelia, his arms around her waist because he didn't like that she was mad. "Jasmine!" From down the sidewalk, Jasmine turned around and smiled before skipping over to her friends. "Can you explain to Arce that I apologized?"

Jasmine looked to Arcelia to see , for the first time, that she looked uncomfortable with Ruby hugging her. "Oh yeah, girl it's fine. Your man freaks out literally over the smallest things. I think if you leave him, he might go psycho."

"No I don't."

Monse and Jamal turned around and sent Ruby a look. "Yes you do."

"Remember that one time Arcelia went to the bathroom and you stood outside the door talking to her?" Jamal asked with a laugh. "You have separation issues."

"Speaking of issues, where's your twin at?"

Arcelia looked up in thought as Ruby grabbed her hand and squeezed it tight so she couldn't slip her hand away. "I don't know. Monse, where's Cesar?"

"He said he's walking, but he wouldn't tell me where he's staying."

Arcelia smacked her lips and shook her head. "What a puto."

× × ×

"Are we still going to the Valentine's dance?" Arcelia looked at Ruby, pretending to think before nodding. "Ok, good. I was thinking we could do the dance contest."

Arcelia pursed her lips as Ruby swung their hands on their way out of the class. "I mean, I guess. We're splitting the prize."

Ruby nodded his head and finally let go of her hand as they came to the lunch line. "So... is Oscar going to be home today?"

Arcelia shrugged as ordered her food. "Why? You know you're allowed to come over, right?"

Arcelia waited for her food and moved out of the way with her tray of food so Ruby could order. When he finished, he turned to Arcelia who was standing off to the side. "I know, but I was thinking-"

"Uh oh." Arcelia mumbled with wide eyes. Ruby squinted and grabbed his tray as they began to slowly walk to the lunch table they always sat at. "Oh, I get it."

"Yeah. You think he'll eventually leave?" Arcelia shrugged and made Ruby sigh. "I'll still come over."

"Good. I get lonely sometimes." Arcelia stated, then she gasped. "We should invite Monse and Jamal and watch movies."

× × ×

Arcelia sat between Ruby's legs with Monse and Jamal right beside them on her bed. They all had on face masks as they watched "Poltergeist". There was a scene where the little boy was going to bed and Jamal was yelling at the screen.

"Who goes to bed with a clown facing them? You're in a haunted house!"

"Jamal, he's like 5."

"Shhh."

Arcelia was completely ignoring them as she stuffed chips in her mouth, watching the TV for jump scares. The little kid looked up to see that the clown doll was gone, and had the brilliant idea to look under his bed.

He sat back up and once the clown popped up, Ruby pushed Arcelia, making her scream and jump up. "Eres un puto!" Ruby laughed while Arcelia turned around and crossed her arms.

"Could you not do that when we're watching a movie? Gross."

"At least we're not eating each other like Monse and Cesar." Arcelia said, smiling when said girl glared. "I'm washing my face."

"I'll come." Monse hopped off of the bed and followed Arcelia into the hallway bathroom. "You think Oscar will get mad that we dyed your hair?"

Arcelia looked in the mirror to the now blonde-brown hair she had. She just shrugged and stood off to the side while Monse washed the face mask off. "He normally only gets mad if I almost die." She stated, then giggled. "Get it. Because I dyed... my hair."

Monse looked up from over the sink and just shook her head. "You're gross."

"Come on, it was funny."

The guys went into the bathroom and went back to their spots to finish the movie. After Poltergeist, they watched Wrong Turn, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Coco.

Oscar walked back into his house around 9, right after Monse, Jamal and Ruby left with clean faces and nightmares. "What did you do?!"

Arcelia innocently looked up at Oscar and smiled. "I bought hair dye."

"Blonde?"

Arcelia nodded and touched her hair. "Does it look bad? Jamal, Monse and Ruby said they like it."

Arcelia pouted as she looked down at the ends of her hair. Oscar just stared at her with his mouth open, trying to figure out how to feel. "I mean, you're still ugly."

Arcelia smacked her lips, then punched his bicep. "That's why you ain't shit." She glared. "Make me food, I'm hungry."

Tbh: my main characters always get me questioning my sexuality😪 like why tf yall so fine??