veinte

"Arce, I made you conchas!"  Oscar yelled down the hallway.  Arcelia turned off her sad music and wiped under her eyes.

Ever since she got home, surprisingly unnoticed by Oscar, she's been crying and beating herself up.  She really thought she could finally get with Ruby after years of standing on the sidelines.  Just when she thought she succeeded, he goes and falls in love with someone.

Arcelia sat down at her vanity, her bare face staring at her.  Her eyes were red and puffy and staring right back at her.  She wanted to start crying because she remember why she was crying in the first place, but she stopped herself.  She put in some eyedrops and waited for her eyes to depuff before walking to the kitchen.

"What happened to helping me make the dinner?"  Oscar asked, hitting her with his elbow as she walked in.

"I had stuff to do."  Like cry in my room for being stupid.  "I can help now, though."  She offered, biting into the warm concha with pink frosting.  "These are good."

Oscar laughed in amusement as he watched Arcelia stuff her face with the concha.  "I'm almost done.  Just pick a movie for us to watch."

Arcelia nodded and jumped off the counter she struggled to climb up and went to the living room.  Right when she sat down, there was a knock on the door.  The knocking continued and she was getting annoyed, but before she could stand up to answer, Oscar pushed her away from the door with his free hand while he had a gun in his other hand.

No one ever knocks, so he got suspicious.  He looked through the peep hole and scoffed when he saw who was on the other side.  Arcelia watched him tuck his gun into his waistband and open the door. 

"I'm dating your sister."  Ruby blurted, causing Arcelia to choke on her concha.  "She wanted to tell you for weeks, but I kept saying no and then I think she broke up with me an hour ago, but I don't want her to.  And I felt like you deserved to know first, so I ran here from my house to tell you that I love her and-and I want to keep dating her.  Please don't kill me."  Ruby said, panting after barely breathing.

Arcelia stared wide eyed at Ruby while he continued to look up nervously at Oscar.  Oscar was still glaring and Ruby really felt like he should've said goodbye to his family before coming over.  Arcelia stood behind Oscar, waitibg for him to pull off his belt and beat someone's ass, but it never happened.

"I already knew, took your ass long enough."  Oscar commented.  "You the reason why she was crying in her room for an hour?  What did you do?"

Oscar glared at the freshman while Ruby's face paled.  "He's in love with Olivia still."

The glare on Oscar's face got more intense when he heard his sister.  "No!  No, it wasn't like that, I promise!  I love you, Arcelia."  Ruby claimed, going pass Oscar and grabbing a hold of Arcelia's hands.  "I just didn't know what to say because I didn't know why I wanted us to be a secret.  But I know now.  I want to be able to show you off and hold your hand everywhere we go.  I want to be able to kiss you without having to worry about our friends catching us."

"Okay, take that shit outside."  Oscar commented, walking away from the young couple with a disgusted look on his face.  The last thing he wanted was to hear about his little sister kissing someone.

"You're a real bitch you know that."  Arcelia pouted.  "If this is your way of apologizing, I accept."  Arcelia smiled, not even letting Ruby say anything before she leaned up and kissed him.

Ruby smiled against her and pulled her close to him.  When their lips separated, he pulled her even closer and tucked his head into her neck.  "Can we not do that again?  I got scared."

"I guess."  Arcelia replied playfully.  She grinned and wrapped her arms around his shoulders tighter.

They heard a gasp and a voice said, "I see you, Celi.  Gettin it in."  Jasmine said, adjusting her helmet before making a sexual gesture with her scooter and rolling away from the two.

"She's so weird."  Ruby commented.

"I don't know, she's funny."

× × ×

Hours later, Cesar and Arcelia were sitting at their dinner table fighting.  "Just give me the rest of the mashed potatoes!"

"You ate everything else, I get to have it."  Arcelia shouted, pulling the bowl to her chest and trying to shield it from Cesar's grabby hands.  "Get off of me, you fat ass!  I'm half your size!"

The twins continued to fight over the remainder of the potatoes until Arcelia elbowed Cesar and quickly scarfed the food down her throat.

"Haha, you little bitch."  Arcelia smiled, not even caring that Oscar was glaring at her for talking with her mouth full.  "And I ate the last concha."

Cesar glared at her and watched as Arcelia sat back down across from Oscar.  "When we go to Ruby's, you don't get shit." 

Arcelia rolled her eyes.  Flash forward to 20 minutes later, Arcelia was beside Ruby eating Tres Leches.  "Ruby and I are dating now."  She announced casually.  Ruby squeezed her hand in shock as Jamal and Cesar started choking.  "And Oscar knows, so don't try anything, Cesar."

"Took you long enough, Ruby."  Monse stated, watching Arcelia move from her chair to Ruby's lap. 

"Ruby, I swear, I will kick your ass if you hurt her."

Ruby hummed and continued to eat with Arcelia on his lap.  "The amount of PDA in this room is sickening."  Sebastian commented.

"Cállate, Seba.  You're just mad you can't be with your girlfriend."  Areclia replied back to him.  Sebastian repeated what she said in a high pitch voice, receiving a middle finger from his best friend. 

Jamal watched Ruby lean into Arcelia after she threw one of her arms around his shoulders.  Right after she kissed his cheek, Jamal said, "We all saw this coming.  If you guys have kids, will they be midgets too?"