cuarenta y tres

Some of yall didn't read the note in the cast list and it shows 😗  just know, you the reason the update took longer bc I wrote multiple chapters, but remained petty and didnt publish them :)

Arcelia somehow ended up walking on the sidewalk as she sobbed, and despite her tears making her vision blurry, she got to her house safely. The Santos were still on the front lawn of her house, and they all turned to her when they heard the heels and the sobs.

Oscar set his beer down and was quick to hop off of the ledge to meet Arcelia in the middle of the walkway. "What's wrong?" Arcelia just shook her head and kept walking while Oscar had his arm around her. Once they got inside the house and the front door was shut, Arcelia buried her head in Oscar's chest and it was like her sobbing got even worse. "Arce, what happened?"

"Nothing."

Though she couldn't see him, Arcelia could picture the bitch-face Oscar had as he smacked his lips, basically calling out her bullshit while she hugged him. "Where's your noviecito?"

All of a sudden, Arcelia's eyes started to sting and she sniffed without lifting her head up from Oscar's chest. "I don't want a boyfriend anymore."

Oscar push for anymore information, but he did push Arcelia. "Go get ready for bed, I'll bring you your dinner." Arcelia looked up at him, then nodded her head. With her head down and small smiffles coming out of her, Arcelia walked down the hallway to put on one of her onesies.

Back at the Martinez household, Geny sat on the couch watching TV when Ruby came in. "Ruben Julio Martinez, what did you do?"

"What do you mean, ma?"

"I mean, Oscar called. He said you're no longer allowed to be at his house or to talk to Arcelia, so what did you do?"

× × ×

For the first time in a long time, Arcelia didnt have on her charm bracelet, and it honestly felt foreign to her. Once all the Santos left, Oscar went to check on Arcelia and saw that she was still laying down with a package of Oreos on her chest. She stopped crying a while ago, so she resorted to watching David Dobrik's vlogs.

"You feel better now?"

"We ran out of cookies. Can you get the chips?"

"Get it yourself." Arcelia smacked her lips and watched as Oscar walked down the hallway, the opposite direction of the kitchen.

Arcelia laid there in her bed, her blanket cacooned around her while her laptop sat in front of her playing the YouTube videos. She glanced to the window beside her bed.

There wasn't anything out there except for the fence between the 2 houses and the stars, but she just stared out, feeling like there was a hole in her heart

There wasn't anything out there except for the fence between the 2 houses and the stars, but she just stared out, feeling like there was a hole in her heart. A hole that was once filled with love and happiness that was now just gone. Arcelia looked around and started feeling lonely, so she pick up her blanket and her laptop, and walked to Oscar's room.

"Go away." Oscar groaned, rolling over and covering his head with one of his pillows.

"No, I'm sad." Arcelia hopped on the empty space beside her brother, went back into her cacoon and pressed play on her laptop.

× × ×

Arcelia walked outside in her pajamas, eating a strawberry as she carried her laptop. "Oscar, do you think I should have a flower wall or a flower arch for my quince?" She asked. She handed Oscar the laptop thay had two tabs open, an example of her two options.

"Why you need these?"

"To take pictures in front of, duh."

"What were all those lights for then?"

"That's going behind my table. Or in my room, I don't know." Arcelia shrugged then pushed Oscar's head to look back at the pictures.

Oscar took his time staring at the pictures and drank his beer, trying to imagine Arcelia in front of both. "The wall."

Simultaneously, the Diaz siblings shot their heads uo and looked at Ruby who was standing before them with a nervous smile. "Didn't I tell you to never come back here?" Oscar asked him. His voice sounded calm, but behind it, there was so much hatred.

"Well, I've done copious amount of thinking and thought that if I gave you time-"

Oscar stood up from the crate he was sitting on and looked down to Ruby.  "Get the hell off my property before you end up somewhere your mom won't like."

"But I just-"

Oscar shoved the short freshman back, making him stumble and almost fall over.  Ruby looked to Arcelia for help, but she was busy looking at the bubbles in Oscar's beer.  "Leave.  And don't come back, entiendes?"