▪ Chapter 12 ▪

White Roses

"Towel... and cold water... some bandages... maybe few sweets too"
Rui mumbled in her mouth while preparing to visit her sister's room.

The pinkette had a bowl of cold water with a single white towel in it and few bandages, and candies in her pocket. She saw her sister getting biten by Subaru in the garden a while ago so she figured that she should help her sister feel a little better.
'I could've stopped him but.. If I did I would feel like I've messed up the storyline, sigh though, I'm messing it up already just by existing.' Rui was so absorbed in her thoughts, she didn't notice that she was already near Yui's door.

"Should I knock? Hmm, maybe she is sleeping." She said and pushed the door open with her shoulder, just enough to peek.
'Ayato? With Yui?... ah I forgot that he comes at this time..' Rui closed the door and turned around to go back to her own room while mumbling.
"Tch... it should've been me who's sleeping with her... sigh I was thinking of quality siblings time."

Rui went quiet after realizing what she said. 'Hmm it seems that I'm getting quite attached to Yui... Probably because she's the only person I would call a family with out hesitation.'

"Kid?" A deep voice ringed in Rui's ears. 'Who?' The girl turned around and glanced at the tall guy.
"Ah... it was you.. Subaru." Rui relaxed a little because it wasn't any of the other brothers. 'He's kind of the least dangerous person... but still he bites so not really.'

"What are you doing out here?" Subaru said and looked down at the girl's face. "I was going to Yui's room." Rui said honestly.
Subaru tilted his head side way a little and his eyes narrowed at the girl "Her room is the opposite way you're going." He said.

"Oh.. she was sleeping, I don't want to disturb her sleep so I was going back." Rui said. 'Telling him that Yui and Ayato are sleeping together isn't the brightest idea.'

Subaru eyed the girl then turned around and started to walk.
"Follow." He said loudly.
"Uh.. okay..?" Rui answered and followed his behind close.
They ended up in the rose garden, it was quiet and a little breezy that felt cooling to the touch. They went near a wooden bench and Rui sat down while Subaru was still standing.

Rui looked around and asked. "Why did you bring me here?"
"I just wanted to talk." Subaru said in an oddly calm demeanor and Rui noticed it. "About what?"
The guy glanced at Rui then looked at the tower.
"She was always there... just staring at me... with those eyes..." Subaru said with an unreadable expression.

'It's about his mother.. he seem more sad than angry.' Rui thought.
"I'm someone that shouldn't have existed, a monster... I'm someone that broke her life. I will break everything that is close to me... " Subaru clenched his fists and looked down.
'He doesn't blame anyone but himself. They made this child to be broken like this.' Rui quietly observed the guy.

"Monster?" Rui mumbled. Subaru looked at girl "Yes.. monster... I'm a monster and so is the others. You should've left with your sister when you had the chance."
He said and took a step near the girl.
"You two can't escape now, it's almost too late... you're stuck with monsters and regret for the rest of your lives."

"You're referring to yourself and your brothers as monsters?" Rui asked.
Subaru:"that is what we are and that's the truth, you already know it."
Rui looked up at the guy and laid back on the bench. "That's not how I see it."
'They're just weak children stuck on the past and not moving on.'
Subaru felt something from the girl's unwavering gaze, it felt uncomfortable enough for Subaru to snap.
"What do you know, kid? I think you're looking at reality with too much colors."

What he said gave Rui a slight discomfort. "What I know is that past is the past, you have to move on sooner or later for the future."
Subaru narrowed his eyes at the little pinkette. "Tch don't get ahead of yourself human." He said and lifted her up by her collar unintentionally.