Chapter 5

The little message on my wall left me in shock. It was something I couldn’t even imagine Rhett could do. He was crossing all the borders of insanity. And now this wasn’t just about me but other girls including molly as well who had been a victim of his criminal intentions. He wasn’t a normal human but a psychotic sadist who derived pleasure by inflicting pain.  It was the mistake on my end that I left him without the world knowing about him. I was wrong to not inform the police. I was wrong to not raise my voice against him last time. But this time I won’t spare him. He needs to pay for his sin.

I’m still upset with Molly but I still love her. She was my best friend, though the friendship may have ended that doesn’t mean I won’t help her. She’s in dread need of help and I’d do everything and anything to get her out of that hell.

‘THE GAME HAS JUST STARTED SWEETHEART’ her voice echoing in my head.

What if this is all a plan?

Whatever I cannot still leave her alone. If she’s in the problem I’d help her even if it would cost an arm and a leg.

I need to grab enough evidence so as to present it in front of the police. He may have connections but if the case is strong he’d not be able to get out easily, and he’d rot in jail. I need to plan everything out quickly.

My phone beeped. I looked at it to find another message from Rhett.

FROM RHETT:

MEET ME AT 5. YOU KNOW THE PLACE RIGHT?

Why is he asking me to meet?

He’s insane. I should not entertain his wishes and focus on my mission of helping the girls.

But just then another message popped up.

FROM RHETT:

THIS ISN'T A REQUEST, BUT AN ORDER. SO DON’T YOU DARE THINK OF NOT MEETING ME OR ELSE I’D MAKE YOU REGRET.

He’s dangerous . I’ll have to meet him.

So I grabbed my bag and went out straight without answering to the calls of Amber who was calling after me from the room. I cannot let her know about this right now.

It took me 10 minutes to reach by the side of the lake. I know this is the place where he mentioned me to come but I don’t understand why? This was the place where I fell in love with Rhett who was completely different from what he is now. This was the place where I kissed him for the first time and the place where he proposed to be his life.

Life?

Let me correct it this was the place where he chained me with love. This was the place where he kissed me with a lie. And this was the place where he proposed to make my life a living hell.

It was my biggest mistake.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I need to be strong I reminded myself.

But when I opened my eyes I was shocked.

Rhett was sitting on his knees with a rose in his hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------