Nicolas Flamel.

"You can't just say that I need to find out all I can about this Nicolas guy and then run off. Your game is important and I have a mother who expects nothing short of perfection in every aspect of my life and that includes in my grades." Beatriz couldn't believe Harry when he sprang that on her but she could also see that it was important to him. He wouldn't have asked if it wasn't important.

"Please, Bes? I really need this." She nodded but there was clearly uncertainty in her features as she did this and he could see it.

"I will listen out, now, I have to visit my mother, she wanted to talk to me about something." Beatriz left the common room quickly and headed towards the classroom and if her mother wasn't in there just past the room was the office. It was past curfew when the meeting had been arranged but she was allowed out so no sneaking would have to be done on that occasion.

"No attempt can be made. When Severus went to check at Halloween he was bitten and he isn't a silly man. More planning would be needed than just him turning up and killing everything. Besides, the chess, the potions, riddles and Devil's Snare. Minerva, we have to trust in Albus. He wouldn't let anyone enter into the place. Nicolas Flamel wouldn't have given it to him if he didn't trust in Dumbledore." It was very clear who was speaking. Madam Pomfrey seemed to be diffusing a situation and it was working.

"It is just that this is a school, not a maximum high-security block. Very well, the stone shall be protected I supp..." The word was cut off quickly and the quiet voices came to a halt as Beatriz walked through the door. Legs in full swing and she acted like nothing had been heard of their conversation. She was so into it that when she saw the two she apologised and started to head back out of the door.

"Don't be silly Beatriz. I will be off, remember though that this isn't something to worry about." Minerva just nodded and signalled for Beatriz to sit down at the desk. Neither of them had sat and spoken for the whole year and it was something that they had both done for so long that it felt wrong not to.

"How has your first year been?" Aside from lessons the pair rarely spoke but that seemed to be part of the past as Minerva had made a point of making it clear that they would be meeting more.

"Good." Beatriz wasn't normally like that with her mother and it wasn't missed. Something had been bothering her, that question would normally elicit a response that could barely be completely recalled as all the facts were given.

"Beatriz, I am your mother and I know you. I know it is difficult but you have to realise that all of these thoughts and actions aren't going to be good if you keep them to yourself." It wasn't that Beatriz was in a mood with her mother but so much had happened and so much had been called into question. Had Albus really let a crazed professor work there? Snape was never saintly but she had higher standards than what she was led to believe at that point.

"I'm just tired. I have made friends if that is what is the issue. Hermione is nice but she is normally off to do something with Harry and Ron so I am with Imy. We revise together and I got an O in all of my tests so far." She just wanted the meeting of the two of them to run smoothly but very little could be said.

"That is lovely, come take a seat. I know that it is far past your bedtime but when I do my rounds, that is also including the common room, I can hear you or the light is shining through your door, so I know that you are used to staying up late. Sherbet, these aren't times to be messing with and I don't want to lose our relationship just because of our busy schedules." She was really trying and so Beatriz walked over and sat on the edge of the desk. Minerva just had to shift her chair to an angle and they sat practically face to face as they spoke.

"Why don't we just ask questions and the other can answer?" Minerva nodded but sensed that they had been so wrapped up with one another the talk would dry up quickly, that was if she didn't ask any of the off-limit questions about the third floor. The pair had done the question thing many times in the past but the third floor had never been so off-limits before. It was a risk but she was willing to take the risk. "I will go first, have you been to the third floor yet?" It had been on her mind. Children had all been out and she wasn't exactly an innocent child in life.