Sixteen

3rd person POV:

Elijah is standing in Davina's room in the attic, where he is standing in front of Davina as the two stare at each other. His skin is gray and mottled still from not feeding during the months he was daggered, and he can't help but focus on Davina's pulsing carotid artery as a result of his hunger. Davina seems unfazed.

"You're the one they call honorable," Davina says. 

Elijah smiles, "Yes, that's what they call me. And yet, I followed my brother here to New Orleans to engage in a war. So, I ask you-- does that sound honorable to you?"

"You don't look well," Davina says.

"Well, only this morning, I had a mystical dagger embedded in my chest, so I'd say I'm holding myself together quite well," Elijah pauses for a moment. "Davina, I believe that you and I have the power to end a war between witches and vampires before it truly begins. I, by keeping my brother in line; you, by behaving like your true self-- not some tool for Marcel or the witches."

"And why should I trust you?" Davina inquires.

"Well, for one thing, in spite of a ravenous hunger, I have not tried to take your blood," Elijah points out.

"Why not? I'm the only one here," Davina reminds him.

"Even in my present condition, I would not feed from a child," Elijah says in disgust. Davina takes a hat pin and pricks her finger with it. A drop of blood clings to the tip of it, and she places the drop on Elijah's lip. He licks the drop of blood off of his lower lip, and after a moment, Elijah's skin returns to it's normal complexion. Davina looks pleased and smiles at him.

***

Klaus is pacing in the back kitchen of Rousseau's, which is empty of employees. When Sophie finally comes into the room with a basket of produce, Klaus grabs her and vamp-speeds them back to the plantation house for a meeting. He brings her to the living room, where Rebekah, and Amelia are waiting for them, and deposits Sophie onto the couch.

"We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches," Klaus yells.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die," Sophie responds frantically. 

"Then who were they?" Amelia questions.

"They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby," Sophie replies, reluctantly.

"What kind of vision?" Klaus asks.

"She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one," Sophie says. 

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus asks.

"...Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches," Sophie said. Amelia eyes widened. She was going to find this Sabine and kill her. She just put a target on Hayley's baby that was the size of Texas. 

"Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second," Klaus said, with a tight smile. 

"Sophie, look-- I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah said. 

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" Sophie asked in shock. 

"Yeah. As we speak, I imagine," Rebekah says.