Chapter 30 : Healing

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

She was a beautiful maiden

And was cursed with snakes for hair

It was a punishment from Athena,

For seducing Poseidon in her temple.

She's Medusa.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I exhaled in relief as a sad smile crept up my face

I exhaled in relief as a sad smile crept up my face. I hardly spoke a word before being tackled with a bear hug. I winced at the slight pain.

Pedro instantly let me go. He held me at arm's length. "Sorry about that."

I nodded before lifting one side of my shirt. The wound had stopped healing, but it was still pretty gruesome. I turned to Liam and he gave me a lazy smile. "I'm kinda weak at the moment so I couldn't heal you fully."

I turned towards the sky-blue corolla. Zion stood a few feet away. His hands in his pockets. His burning eyes observed me, lingering a bit on my torn shirt. He scrunched his eyebrows and glanced at Liam. Anger began to build up as he tried piecing the situation together.

"No, he didn't hurt me." I made a step towards the triplet but was held back by the other.

Pedro smiled. "We believe you. But your current state is saying a completely different thing."

He may be right. I look like a mess at this point. Especially with the bloodstains, messy hair, and torn clothes. Zion's jaw ticked and his lips thinned as he tried reigning an emotion back.

He took slow steps towards us. "Who did this to you?"

"Blaze."

I felt Pedro stiffen behind me and inwardly cursed. Zion glanced at Pedro for a brief moment, his jaw hardening. He turned to the destroyed stationery store before glancing at Liam's wrecked car. Then he faced Liam who still leaned against the mini cooper.