𝟐𝟔

David's Pov

"I can't believe you're doing this to me again." Dawn pouted, watching me crossed-armed as I knotted my tie in front of her mirror.

"We've talked about this baby." I reminded, smoothening the silky silver band over my black-sleeved shirt. "It can't help it if a client needs me at the office urgently."

Lies.

More lies. They just kept adding up and it sickened me to the stomach that I had to do this but it couldn't be helped. I was already knee-deep in it.

"I know but it still sucks." She sighed and got up from the bed to come to me. "I was hoping to spend some quality time with you today."

I turned from the mirror to look at her. Her ponytail was messy. Loose curls slipped over her sleepy face. "When I get back, you'll have me all to yourself, I promise."

She sucked in a deep breath and narrowed her eyes. "Not like I have a choice."

"Don't be that way, my love." My lips quirked up in a soft smile as I caressed her cheeks with my knuckles. "I'll be back early, I promise."

Much to my surprise, she placed her hand on the back of my neck and drew me so close that her breasts were against my chest, and I could feel the stiff points under the silk material begging to be spoiled with kisses.

"I'll trust you this time." Her words were accompanied by an unanticipated kiss on the lips.

The need for more overtook my senses immediately. I merged my tongue with hers, taking every essence of her. I gave myself a second and let my hands roam over her body, recognizing every soft curve hidden under the black thigh-high silk nightdress she wore.

When she moaned into my mouth, my cock strained against my pants. I knew if this continued, I was not going to make it out of that door but I needed to because the results were coming in today and so was my stepmother.

"Dawn," I managed, but she was needy and relentless and those damn tits just kept teasing.

"Please stay, David." She begged, not bothering to conceal the lust in her voice. "I need you right now." One of her hands slid towards the front of my pants and ran firmly over my arousal. "I know you want this too."

Fuck, I did. There was nothing I wanted to do more at this moment than taste her wetness and spend my time playing with her body until she was so ready for me.

But I couldn't.

I just fucking couldn't.

I groaned, pulling her hand away from my crotch. "I'm sorry, baby," I knew I was going to hate myself for doing this. "I can't."

Hurt shimmered all over her eyes. "It's fine, I understand." She gave me a soft smile but the sadness behind those blue orbs was palpable. "I'll see you later."

"Dawn—"

"No, it's fine honestly." She cut me, walking back to sit on the bed. "Just...go."

"I'll make it up to you, I promise." I picked up my keys and headed towards the door. I didn't want to spend another minute in the room because I knew I would falter. "I love you," I told her when I opened the door to step out.

"I love you too." Her reply was desolate and somewhat void. She was mad at me. I knew. But it couldn't be helped.

***