CHAPTER 5

As we sit in the car driving to the restaurant, I notice 3 black cars trying to discreetly follow us.

"Alex?" I ask

"Yes sweetheart"

"Why are there 3 cars following us?"

"Wher- SHIT"
All my brothers all turn around in their seats, and tell me to get down. Tom gets told to call Papa and tell him where we are and what's happening.

Toby who is sitting next to me tells me to stay down no matter what. The car turns around and we start to drive back home.

Everyone is yelling and is on the phone. I feel myself hyperventilating and I attempt to calm myself down. Deep breaths, deep breaths I repeat over and over in my head.

"WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!!!!!" I scream, this causes all of my brothers to go silent and look back at me.

They all look at each other and seem to have a silent conversation.

"We will tell you at home" Ben says. I just stay down until the car stops.

"Okay guys we lost them for now, Vince take Ruby down to the basement and lock the door, if you hear 4 consecutive knocks then open it, if not then don't, GO!" Alex orders.

Vince quickly grabs me and we sprint down stairs.

We run into the basement and Vince locks the door. I hear gunshots and start crying. Wondering what the fuck is going on.

"Hey, hey baby girl, it's alright shh calm down" he keeps telling me. I can't stop because the gunshots keep going. I walk away and go and sit on the couch.

VINCE P.O.V

I watch Ruby go and sit on the couch, she starts sobbing again as the gunshots keep on going. My blood started to boil because some local gang tried to attack us. Dumb move on there part as there was no chnce they would win, but now we have to tell Ruby what are jobs are.

I start to growl lowly just thinking about what i'm going to do to that worthless gang fro putting Ruby in danger.

RUBY P.O.V

I look over at Vince and see that he is tense, I slowly walk over and hug his back. He softens and turns around.

"It's going to be alright Rubes."

"Is it?" I ask because for once in my life i'm not sure it will be.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

We hear three knocks and open the door. I'm faced with the rest of my brothers, papa and around twenty men. My brothers and papa walk in and tell the men to wait outside. When they all turn to look at me, that's when I break, I start sobbing and they all surround me.

"What's going on?"

"Lets just calm down and we will tell you once you have changed"  Papa said with a sense of authority in his voice.

"Okay"

I turn and run out of the basement, past the men, up the stairs and into my room. I lock the door and go and sit in my bed. I think about what just happened, the fact that people were trying to kill us, all the big scary men outside with my family. There is one thing that I say

"What the actual fuck"

Hi everyone, thank you so so much for reading this. I can't believe we are nearly at 400 reads!!!! A bit more drama in this chapter. And if you couldn't tell, she doesn't know about the mafia.