CHAPTER 13

CRASH

I open my eyes and look around only to see lightning. I immediately start to tear up, after around 5 minutes of listening to the thunder and lightning. I run into Alex's room, because I am terrified of thunder and lightning.

FLASHBACK

"Papa? Awex? V-vince?" I yell looking around. I go to the top of the slide, and try to find them but the street is empty. "GUWYS?" Just as I say that I look up and see multiple big black clouds, then the rain starts to fall, I'm soon soaked as the playground has no shelter. CRASH I hear the thunder and I look around and see lots of lightning. I start sobbing and yelling out my brother's names. Then I see 7 big figures coming towards me.

I ran out of bed and started remembering what happened when I was six and we were at the movies and I ran outside to the playground, but I forgot to tell someone. I remember when my family found me I was a sobbing wreck.

"Alex, Alex, ALEX!" I whisper yell, trying to wake him up.

"Wh-what? Ruby?" He says finally waking up. He hears the thunder and opens his arms up.

"Come here princess, it's alright, try and go back to sleep." He attempts to coax me back to sleep.

"I-I got r-really sc-scared-because you di-didn't come to m-me." I started crying again because I got really scared. Either Alex or Vince usually run into my room as soon as they hear the thunder.

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm so sorry," Alex whispers into my ear.

"I-its alright,"
"Well i'm here now, so let's just go back to sleep," Alex whispers as he strokes my hair.

I open my eyes as beams of sunlight attack my eyelids. I start to move around expecting to be stopped by Alexs' body but instead his side of the bed is empty, and cold. I come to the realization that he will be out because I can't hear anybody downstairs.

I quietly get out of his bed and make it for him. Once I made his bed I go into my room and put my cow onesie on because I got really cold. While slowly making my way to the kitchen I hear some chatter.

"Good morning babygirl," said Sam.

"Morning everyone, where's Alex?" I ask quietly.

"Oh, he went out to get some food," Vince replies.

"That makes more sense," I murmur under my breath.

"What makes more sense?" Ben asks me. Far out I swear they have enhanced hearing.

"I slept in his bed last night and when I woke up he was gone,"

"Why were you in his bed," Kingston asks me.

"Because there was lightning," I say quietly and then walk off to the bathroom, feeling really upset. It seems that everyone forgot that I have fear of thunder and lightning.

SAM P.O.V

Oh shit, how could we forget, last night there was a big storm and we just kept watching our movie. Ruby gets very scared of thunder and lightning.

"Crap, Rubes looks really upset," Lucas murmurs, we all make noises of agreement.

"Hi guys, what's wrong?" Alex says as he walks in sensing the mood. "Where's Rubes?"

"She walked off after she mentioned she slept in your room last night, she looked really upset because none of us remembered," I explained to him.

"Yeah she was terrified last night and I was asleep when she walked in," He tells us all.

"Alex, it's our fault you have been really busy with 'work' and everything s-," I just about to tell him not to worry but Kingston cuts me off. I get a few smiles from saying work, it's a sort of inside joke between us.

"It's my fault I was wide awake and my room is right next to hers," just as Kingston finishes his sentence, everyone else starts saying that it's their fault.

"ENOUGH!" Alex yells which shuts everyone up real quick. "It was no ones fault, we all should have remembered, okay so stop arguing and let's all go say sorry,"

RUBY'S P.O.V

Just as I'm coming back down the stairs I meet my family halfway to the kitchen. They All look up at me with guilty faces. Liam opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "It's alright I need to grow up and get over it," I say with a small voice. I try to walk past them all, but Noah puts his arm out to stop me.

"Ruby, you stop right there." Vince tells me. I look up avoiding their eyes. " You are the bravest most kindest girl we know, you don't need to grow up because everyone is scared of something, I know I am. So stop telling yourself that. Deal?" He holds his hand out. I look up and give him a small smile.

"Deal,"

Hi guys, thank you so so so so so so so much for 6.7k reads love you all <3