CHAPTER 21

"Tell me what?" I am confused. Alex and Ben look at each other nervously.

"Um, well we have to go away for a bit," Ben says.

"Oh, why?" I ask.

"A business trip, don't worry about it," Ben says dismissively.

"It's only you two right?"

"Well it will be all of us," Alex says quietly.

"Yay! Where are we going?" I say excitedly, we haven't gone on holiday in ages.

"Uh, well no, not you. You will be staying here with Papa," Ben tells me. I look away from them, they have never left me alone with him. Not that I'm scared but I will just miss them.

"How long are you going away for?" I say, nearly whispering.

"We don't know sweetheart. But it shouldn't be for too long," Alex says, while frowning.

"Okay, when are you leaving?" I ask.

"In a month," Ben says.

"Oh, um goodnight," I say, wanting to go to bed.

"We'll come up soon," Alex says and gives me a hug. I walk the stairs slowly, trying to process what they said. I just really don't want them to leave me for so long. It will be boring without them. Once I'm in my pajamas I yell out goodnight and wait a bit for the footsteps to start, when they do I go into my bed and sit up.

"Can you guys sit with me for a bit?" I ask. Sam comes and sits next to me with Kingston on the other side, the rest all sit around my room.

"Are all of you guys going?" I ask and they all nod.

"Oh," I say disappointed, I knew that they were all going but I just wanted someone to say. Just kidding, we aren't going at all! But that wasn't going to happen.

"Hey Ruby, we won't even be gone for that long, 1 month tops, and we will call you everyday." Vince tells me and everyone agrees.

"Okay then we will make the most of this month," I say with a smile.

"Yes, yes we will," Liam says.

"Goodnigth guys, love you," I say with a yawn.

"Night rubes, see you in the morning," Alex whispers and turns the lights off. They all leave and I am left alone in the dark.

1 MONTH LATER

"Do you guys have to go," I whine, they are leaving tomorrow and I am attempting to convince them to stay.

"Sorry rubes, but we'll be back so don't worry," Toby tells me.

"Yeah, yeah, come on then let's go to school," I say. I jumped into Bryce's car for the last time, for a while. The thought makes me tear up. Bryce gets into the car and immediately notices my face.

"Hey you alright?" He asks.

"Uh, yeah I was just thinking about how this will be the last time I will be in your car for a while," I explain to him.

"Oh, I get it, I'm gonna miss you," Bryce says sadly.

"Anyway, I don't have p.e today," I say with a frown.

"I'll see you at lunch," he tells me.

"True, okay see you later," I say, as we have arrived at school. I look around and see Levi. Once we are out of Bryce's eyesight. I run up and hug him.

"What's wrong?" Levi asks me.

"My brothers are leaving tomorrow," I say, but it comes out mumbled as my face is buried in his top.