Episode 22

'What do you mean by that?' asked Rohan.

'If these middle women were from the other village, why were they trying to kill the child?' questioned Shyam.

'It's simple. Sukumar and Siddhanta would have asked them to do it.' said Swayam.

'No, something is wrong. Let us check the middle women inside.' said Shyam.

As they were going inside, Sukumar laughed. 'No need to go anywhere. I can solve it for you.'

They stopped and looked at him. Sukumar tilted his neck a little and started, 'After Pitobash and the other informers went missing, we got alerted and informed Pyare Mohan Ji about it. He gave us an idea. The middle women you supposedly kidnapped are not from our village. We had invited some from the neighbouring village on the pretext of having some function. But when we saw the building was on fire, it shocked us that you all could go to such an extent. So, after that, we brought the real middle women from our hidden place and kept in that cottage from where you took them. They know their responsibility. They knew it was difficult for them this time, so they had planned to kill the baby if it is a girl inside.'

'How could you not have recognised them, Shyam? I hope the villagers would know them.' questioned Swayam.

'Actually, no one has ever seen their face. They used to cover their face with their veil of their saree. So, the men of the village had never seen their faces.' said Shyam.

'But we have foiled your game. We have captured them, and they were very lucky that these men did not shoot them.' said Shyam.

Sukumar said nothing. Meanwhile, Suraj and Rohan went inside and sat near the middle women inside the room.

'Why did you not tell us who you were when we asked you?' asked Suraj. 'We know who you are. We have caught the original women as well.'

'We were afraid. We did not want to be killed. We knew they would get to us and have us killed. So, we kept quiet. But now we would tell everything. Please don't harm us.' said the eldest of the middle women.

Suraj and Rohan untied them and brought them outside. Suraj asked Abbas to take these women to the other room. Joseph was looking at them.

'I think you should call him.' said Suraj.