Chapter 4

Edward led me through the house with my hand still in his.

"Here we are." Edward says, opening a door.

Inside sat the most gorgeous piano I had ever seen. I just stared at it for a few minutes making sure it was real.

"Do you play?" I finally ask.

"Yes. Do you?" He answers/asks.

"Yeah. It's my most favourite thing to do." I reply.

He takes my hand and leads me to the piano. He sits down and I sit down next to him.

"Would you mind as if to show me." He asks.

"I would love to." I say.

I start to play a song my mom taught me.

After I finished, Edward looked at me.

"That was amazing." He said.

"Thanks. My mother taught me that song. She would play it to me whenever I was upset. I remember her every time I play. Would you mind showing me what you can play?" I say/ask.

"I wouldn't mind at all." He says.

(This is a random song I like from the greatest showman. I know Edward wouldn't actually play this)

*Edwards POV*
I watched as Phoenix played. I tried to read her mind to figure out what she was thinking, but I couldn't.

It wasn't like Bella's silence. No, it was just the crackling of fire. Weird.

After she finished I looked at her.

"That was amazing." I say.

"Thanks. My mother taught me that song. She would play it to me when ever I was upset. I remember her every time I play." She says sadly. "Would you mind showing me what you can play?"

"I wouldn't mind at all." I say.

As I'm playing, she leans her head on my shoulder. She closes her eyes and just listens.

Once I finished, I look down at her. Her eyes are still closed.

"Can you play that again." She asks.

I play it again and her breathing starts to even. She slowly falls asleep.

I just look at her. She looks so peaceful when she's asleep. I gently pick her up and bring her to Lillian and my family.

(Meanwhile)

*Lillians POV*

Edward lead Nix away from us to who knows where.

"Where is he taking her?" I ask curiously.

"Probably to the piano." Rosa answers.

"You guys have a piano." I say, shocked.

"Yes. Edward loves playing." Alice says.

"No way. Nix also plays. She's amazing at it. Her mom taught her. Now when ever she plays, she remembers the times with her." I say, looking down a bit at the end.

"She lost her parents at such a young age." Carlisle says.

"Yeah."  I say.

"I was wondering, is Phoenix human." Rosa asks.

"I don't think so but I don't know what she would be. She eats and sleeps and everything. The only thing odd about her is her eyes and she needs constant heat. She may not realize she does, but she does." I say.

"Fascinating." Carlisle mutters.

Just then, Edward walks in with a sleeping Nix in his arms. I had been faintly listening to their playing. And I have to say, Edward plays pretty good. Not as good as my Phe, but pretty good.

He chuckles. Wait, why is he chuckling. Any who, he lays her down on the couch beside me.

"I should be getting me and Phe home." I say.

"I'll drive." Rosa volunteers.

"Thanks." I say.

I gently pick up Nix and follow Rosa out to her car.

"Thanks for doing this, Rosa." I thank her.

"Anything for my little sister, Lil." I smile at the use of my nickname. After Rosa disappeared, the only person who used that nickname was Nix.

"So, I have to ask. Is Nix Edwards mate?" I ask the question that has been nagging me for a few hours.

"I think so. Alice says she is. At least it isn't that slut, Bella." Rosa says, disgust plain on her face.

"I'm sorry, who?" I question.

"Bella. Edwards blood singer. He thought she was his mate but i guess it wasn't." She explains.

"Does she know about what we are and about Nix."

"She knows what we are. And no she doesn't know about Nix. She is his girlfriend but he NEEDS to break up with her now that he knows Phe is actual mate. She won't mind me calling her that, will she."

"No, I don't think she will. I'm guessing she will think of you as a sister if you let her. Since your my sister." Rosa smiles.

We pull up to the house and I grab Phe from the back seat where she was still sleeping.

"Edward and I will pick you guys up tomorrow. I know he will insist to pick Phoenix up." I laugh.

"Of course." I say.

I unlock the house and walk inside. I lay Phe down on her bed and go down stairs.

I sit down on the couch and read a book, waiting for the morning events to come.

Word count: 835

I hope you liked this chapter. Next chapter, Bella will be included and she will be JEALOUS.

So what do you think Phoenix is?

How do you think the events of Bella's encounter should play out?

Vote. Comment. Follow