Chapter 12

*Bella's POV*
It had been five day since I sent Laurent, Victoria and James to kill Phoenix.

It had been five days since Phoenix wasn't at school. Edward wasn't at school either and I just thought he was mourning the death of her.

Well, once he sees me again, he'll forget all about that slut and be with me again.

I will be able to become a vampire and live forever. I would be extra beautiful and men would be begging me to date them.

I already had Jacob in love with me and I know for sure Edward will fall out of that Freak of natures spell once he sees me.

Everything will be back to normal.

At school the next day I saw Edwards Volvo pull up. I straightened my position and checked my outfit.

He got out and helped someone out of the passenger seat. It was HER!

What! I thought I disposed of her! I guess I need to do it myself. But how did she survive the vampires.

One word came to mind: Alice. I completely forgot about her. She must have seen them attack Phoenix and Edward came to the rescue.

Uhh. Now I need to do it myself. Great.

I looked at Phoenix and noticed something different about her. Her hair seemed to be brighter along with her eyes.

I glared at her as the Cullen's and the Freaks of nature's entered the school.

*Edwards POV*
We got to school and I helped Phoenix our of the car. She has light gloves on so I can touch her without the risk of hurting her. She takes my hand and I intwine our fingers.

I felt a gaze on us and I looked over to see Bella. God, why won't she just understand I'm with Nix.

We walk into the school for our classes.

*time skip to lunch*

"Bella's staring again." Lillian informed us.

"I really wish it was possible for me to read her thought so I know why she keeps staring." I say, frustrated.

Nix pulls my hand into hers and intwines our fingers like this morning. It was calming me down.

"What's blocking it?" Nix asked.

"We don't know." Rose answered.

"I could try to get through it. Shouldn't be to hard." She says.

"Wait your able to do that." Emmett Questions.

"Yeah. But my eyes will glow so you guys would just need to try to hide me from prying eyes." She explains. We nod.

She closes her eyes and then opens them again. When she opens them they are glowing red. Like when she used her fire the day before.

We all shifted so she was covered and no one could see her eyes

I then focused on Bella's mind and I could read it.

'-beautiful. I'll have Edward even if it kills me. He is MY mate. Not that sluts. Phoenix. What a stupid name. Her parents probably hated her enough to call her such a vial name. They probably were praying to die in that avalanche, get away from their Freak of a daughter. I need Jacob over here sometime to finish her off, unlike those vampires who failed me miserably. If I told Jacob she hurt me then he would listen to me and kill her. I'll contact him maybe-.' Then it cut out.

I was growling. Pretty loud as well. I saw Phoenix nearly passed out against me.

"We shouldn't have let you do that, honey. You just wore yourself out." I tell her, carefully pulling her into my lap, being careful not to make direct contact with her skin.

"It's fine. Nothing I won't sleep away. Recharge. So what did you hear." She asks, the others lean in closer to hear what I had to say.

I told them everything, word for word, what I heard. By the end, everyone else was growling. Jasper and Lillian a little more then Alice, Emmett and Rosalie.

Jasper considers Nix as a younger sister. Someone he would protect with his life. He looks after the young girl like I would.

Phoenix was looking down sadly. She was still exhausted from doing the spell and I bet she couldn't even stand.

"How could anyone think such things." She asks sadly.

"Honey, she's just jealous. That's all. People would only think that if their jealous." I reassure her.

"Ok." She says, I could sense she was still weary about it but she was feeling a bit better.

For the rest of lunch, Nix had dozed off against my shoulder and the bell startled her awake.

"I don't think your in the best condition for school." I say. I can see she just barley manages to shake her head.

I pick her up bridle style. "Then I'll bring you home." I tell her.

She curls deeper into my chest, my shirt protecting he from the iciness of my skin. I carry her to the office, getting a bunch of glares and hateful looks on my way there.

Nix was well passed out in my arms. I looked down at her sleeping body. She was so peaceful when she was sleeping.

"Hello. I need to take Phoenix Hendrick home. She seems to be to tired to stay awake. The illness has taken a bit of an effect in her." I tell Ms.Cope, the receptionist.

"Yes of course. I hope she feels better tomorrow." She says.

I walk out of the office and to my Volvo. I lay her in the back seat and get in the drivers seat as well.

I drive us home and greet Esme as I walk in, carrying an unconscious Phoenix.

"What happened?" She questioned, concern lacing her words.

"She just used a bit of magic at school to penetrate Bella's shield around her mind so I could read it. I'll tell you when Carlisle gets home. You'll want to hear it." I reassure her before carrying Nix to my room.

I layer her down on her bed in her room. She didn't let go of me so I just stayed there with her.

Word count: 1017

It'll be a while till I update again, just so your aware.

Comment on how you like the story so far. I love feedback

And I don't mind corrections so if u see an error, feel free to correct it.

Vote. Comment. Follow.