Chapter 9

*Phoenix's POV*
"Shopping at Port Angeles, today after school, you, me and Angela." I hear Jess say.

It was Monday and I was tired. Me and Lily spent our weekend at the Cullen's. Edward and I grew closer every day and I also grew closer to the rest of the family as well.

"Alright. What time?" I agree.

"Right after so you and Angela will be coming with me in my car to Port Angeles." Jessica says.

"Got it." I say before walking to class.

"So you, Angela and Jessica are going shopping in Port Angeles?" Lil questions as I see her outside the classroom door.

"Yes. I hope that's ok." I say, a bit shyly.

"Yeah. That's fine. Just be safe." She reminds me.

"I know." I answer.

We walked inside and took our seats before the teacher walked in and started the lesson.

*Time skip to after school*

"You ready to go, Phoenix." Jess asks me after school.

"Yep. Let's go." I reply.

Angela was apparently already in the car, waiting for us.

The car ride was filled with odd conversations about the weirdest of things. They didn't question my weird mind.

When we got there we went to go find some jewelry for the dresses they had gotten for prom. I had told them I wasn't going because I absolutely HATED crowded spaces such as parties, social gatherings or prom. It sparked up my social anxiety.

"It's too bad that you aren't going. Why aren't you going again?" Jess asks.

"I have social anxiety and can't do crowded spaces without being extremely uncomfortable and I wouldn't really pay attention to the person I went with because of me clutching myself for dear life." I reply. They nod.

"That's reasonable." Angela says. I smile at her. She is so sweet.

"Since you aren't getting anything for prom, do you mind going to this store to get some hot chocolate powder for my mom?" Jess asks.

"Yeah sure. I would love to." I answer.

"Great. Meet us at the restaurant." She says before I walk out of the store.

*Small Time Skip*

After I got the hot chocolate powder for Jessica's mom, I start to head in the direction I thought was the restaurant.

I was walking down an alley when I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back but there was no one there.

I kept walking but faster. Little did I know that wasn't going to get me anywhere.

"Why run away, dear. We just want to have some fun." A voice taunts. I look behind me and see a trio.

One with dread locks and dark skin, (This was not supposed to be offensive to anyone. I just suck at describing things. If you felt offended I am so sorry i didn't mean to) that was in the front. Another with blonde hair pulled back. The last, a women with wild red hair. What stood out the most was their crimson eyes.

They were human drinking vampires.

I couldn't go any where to escape them. I was trapped in a corner in an alley, cornered by vampires.

"We have a job, James. Let's get this over with." The front one said.

"Then let's do this." The blonde one leapt (is that a word?) at me and pushed me to the ground. My head hit the ground and I let out a groan.