Chapter 5

*Phoenix's POV*
I wake up the next morning tucked into my bed. Wait, my bed! How did I get here! 

"Glad to see your awake. I would have had to wake you up in a few minutes if you didn't." I hear Lil say from my door.

I look at her. "How did I end up here?" I ask.

"Oh. You fell asleep while Edward was playing the piano so he brought you to me and Rosa drive us home." Lily explains. I nod.

"Now get dressed. Edward and Rosa are coming to pick us up." She says.

I get excited at the thought of Edward. I don't know why though.

"So you get excited for him but not me. How hurtful Phe." She says in mock hurt, placing a hand over her dead heart.

"Oh, shut up. He's just more interesting." I explain.

"Ouch." She says before leaving for me to get ready.

I get showered and wash up my hair. I pick out my clothes for the day. They consisted of a white sweater and black leggings.

I put my hair up in semi-braid like yesterday

I go downstairs and quickly eat the breakfast Lily made me

I go downstairs and quickly eat the breakfast Lily made me. We hear a car outside and I know it's Edward and Rosalie.

"You ready." Lil asks.

"I'll survive with Edward. Otherwise, no because it's not Hogwarts." She laughs.

We walk outside and are greeted by Edward and Rosalie standing by their cars.

I see Edward become physically happier at the sight of me. I walk over to him and he opens the door for me.

"You look beautiful." He compliments.

"Thanks." I reply.

Once he is in the drivers side, he head off to school.

"I need to tell you something, Phoenix." He says.

"Ok. What is it." I ask.

"Do you know what a mate is." I nod. "Well your mine. I thought it was a girl named Bella Swan but she's just my blood singer. Assuming you know what that is." He says.

"You assumed right. So wait, I'm your mate. Like your soulmate." I say/ask.

"Yes." He answers.

"So this Bella. Why didn't I meet her yesterday?"

"She was sick yesterday."

"Oh. And are you two like, a thing." I ask, worried.

"Yes. But I'm going to break up with her. I was only with her because I thought she was my mate, when really she isn't. You are." I blush.

We continue the rest of the way to school, talking about the normal stuff. He intwines our fingers and it feels nice.

*Bella's POV*
Yesterday I was home sick and I couldn't be with Edward. I missed him so much.

He didn't come to my window last night either. He must have been hunting.

I had heard yesterday two new students came. Their names were Lillian and Phoenix Hendrick.

This morning Edward didn't pick me up for school.

'Strange.' I thought.

I had to drive myself in my stupid old truck. Uh, I hated that thing.

Once I arrived at school, I saw Edward leaning against his Volvo talking to his family and two others.

They must have been the new kids. I took one look at one of them and knew she was a vampire. But she had he same golden eyes as the Cullen's.

The other girl was leaning against MY Edward. Why did Edward allow her too. He knew I was his mate.

The girl leaning against Edward had fire red hair and I could just see her eyes. Their were a reddish-orange colour that gave away that they were clearly contacts.

She probably dyed her hair all to impress MY Edward. She must be the reason he didn't pick me up. I am his mate, not her.

I walk over to him and his family. Rosalie glares at me, like normal. But she goes back to talking to the red head and the other new girl who has blonde hair. She was next to Rosalie with her arm around her shoulder.

"Hey, Edward." I try to sound causal.

"Bella." He says. He has never greeted me like that, ever.

Red head looked at me and smiled.

"You must be, Bella. I'm Phoenix and this is Lillian." She says.

Uhhh, She acts so happy. She is obviously faking it just to try to get MY Edwards attention. Well, hate to break it to you, but he's taken.

"Yeah. That's me." I answer.

"Bella, i need to you." Edward says. "I'll meet you in class, ok Nix."

Nix. Is that her oh so special nickname. Uhhhh. I hate her guts.

"Alright. Bye." She pecks his cheek before leaving with the others.

HOW DARE SHE! He is MINE and MINE only. I glare at Phoenix and turn to Edward.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask.

"Bella, I'm breaking up with you. You aren't my mate. Phoenix is. We can't be together anymore." He says.

WHAT! He is giving me up for that slut! I was supposed to be his mate, his forever. He was supposed to turn me and I would be even more beautiful.

"Edward, I am your mate though. Your just confused. I am your mate, not her. You can't break up with me." I plead.

"No, Bella. You are just my blood singer. She is my true mate. My soulmate. I'm done with you." He says before waking away.

She ruined my chance at immortality so I will make sure to get my revenge. You better watch your back Phoenix.

Word Count: 923

Dun, Dun, Duuuuuuuuuun

How do you think Bella will get her revenge?

How did you like Bella's reaction?

Please don't be a ghost reader.

Vote. Comment. Share.