Chapter 17

*Phoenix's POV*
Bella had asked Jacob to try to get rid of me. It made Eddie furious.

Right now we were sitting on my bed, me pulled into Edwards arms. Though the fabric has to be between us so the ice coldness of his skin doesn't pierce my fire hot skin.

"Eddie, sweetie, you need to calm down. We will end this with Bella and she will forget everything." I try to reassure him since he was ranting. I looked up and met his eyes. "Plus the Volturi are coming to make sure her memories are completely gone." I remind.

"Your right. I just hate the idea of anyone ever doing anything to you." He says, looking down.

"When are you going to have to leave us for the plan again." Eddie asks.

"Monday. So two days." I answer.

He presses his lips to my hair. We found out he could kiss me, just not for long. Only a couple seconds or something.

"I'll miss u." He says.

"I know. But it's going to be how the plan is going to go." I say.

I was supposed to meet the Volturi at the city line to ask for a favour. I'm sure they'll agree. Today was Thursday but it was sunny so Lily and the Cullen's couldn't go to school. They wanted me to be in one of their sights at all times.

"Can we go to the stream. It's supposed to be the sunniest and most hidden there and I need the heat." I ask him. He had came across a stream yesterday while hunting and told me he'd bring me someday.

"Sure, honey." He answers.

He jumps out my window and lands safely on the ground. I back up a bit. I run toward the window and jump out, shifting mid fall.

I put down my fire wall so Eddie could see.

'Lead the way.' I thought.

He nods and takes off. I'm close at his heal. He may be fast but Phoenix's are faster flyers.

He stops at the most amazing scenery I've seen in forever.

I change back and stare at the scene in front of me

"It's beautiful. It's perfect." I say.

I feel his arm snake around my waist.

"I'm glad you think so, Honey." He replies, planting a kiss on my head.

I get out of his grasp and lay on the grass somewhere in the sunlight. I close my eyes and soak up the heat it radiates.

I fell Eddie lay next to me. I open my eyes and there he was, his skin sparkling.

"The disco ball has come out of he darkness." I joke.

"Only you would say that." He chuckles.

"Yep." I agree.

Then we fall into silence. A comfortable silence. Thats how we stay for a few minutes. Just enjoying each other.

I know he couldn't feel the heat, so he was just enjoying my presence. While I was enjoying the heat and his presence.

"This is nice. The heat, you. It's like we have nothing in the world to worry about." I say, then sigh, remembering the problem.

Edward sits up. He grabs my hands and pulls me into a sitting position. I jerk away from his cold touch. It only stings since I'm on the sun.

He mumbles a 'sorry' before saying what he was going to say.

"What if I could get your mind off of everything. Off of the problem we have to deal with." He announces.

"And how would you do that." I ask, cocking my head to the side a little.

"Like this." He leans in and our lips connect.

It was like heaven. His cold lips against my hot ones. I had to pull away a few seconds after, my lips stinging a bit.

After they stop-which is like, a second after-I connect our lips again.

His hands go to my waist and mine go behind his neck. I pull away, he whimpers a bit.

"We can't do any more. It'll just cause me pain." I explain. He mumbles a 'I know'.

"That definitely got my mind off things." I agree.

"I told you I had a way." He says, cockily, (???).

"You did." I lie back down.

"This is the one of the times when I wish you weren't what you are. So we didn't have to be careful with a simple touch or kiss." He complains, lying down next to me.

"Same." I agree. "If I were human, you would still have to struggle with ur strength. If you were human then I would burn you within a millisecond." I kiss his cheek lightly, not leaving time for the ice to react.

"If only we were both human." He sighs.

"If only." I agree. We stay silent till the sun begins to set.

Word count: 805

Shorter but more cuteness from Nix and Eddie. I don't know fully on how I want the plot to play out. I have the ideas, just not how it's going to play out.

Leave ur suggestions.

Vote. Comment. Follow.