Crashes

"What dinosaurs would be the easiest to ride?" Chan asked from the back seat.

"Hmm, probably one of the big ones." Jeonghan guessed. "There's a lot of room so you wouldn't fall." He looked out the passenger side window.

"Maybe a velociraptor?" Seungcheol asked. "You could ride them like horses?"

"Yeah, and velociraptors are very fast." Chan agreed. "Dad's right."

"Thank you, Chan." Seungcheol smiled before looking at the rearview mirror. "This guy is tailgating me."

"What does tailgating mean?" Chan asked. "Is it bad?"

"It means that the car behind us is driving too close." Jeonghan turned around ruffle Chan's hair and look at the car behind. "It is bad because they might hit our car."

"Should I tell them to leave?" Chan asked as Jeonghan turned around.

"They won't be able to hear you." Seungcheol sped the car up to get rid of the other car.

"What if I yelled really, really, really loud," Chan asked before taking a deep breath.

"Don't!" Both of his parents screamed at the time.

"They can't hear you." Jeonghan sighed "Even if you scream at the top of-"

"Shit!" Seungcheol yelled as a car pulled out of a driveway right in front of them. He slammed on the brakes causing the car behind them to slam into them. The car in the driveway stopped just before they hit the family. The family was quiet until Chan cried.

"You okay? Seungcheol asked.

"My shoulder hurts," Jeonghan replied. "You?"

"I'm Fine," Seungcheol replied. The family got out, Seungcheol examined the damage while Jeonghan got Chan out his car seat.

"Hey, baby, " Jeonghan scooped him up and tried to comfort him. Chan screamed when Jeonghan picked him up. "Point to anything that hurts."

"My chest." Chan pointed at the center of his chest. "I hit my seatbelt."

"Oh no, " Jeonghan gasped. "We'll take you to the hospital soon." He pulled Chan close allowing him to place his head on Jeonghan's good shoulder.

Seungcheol walked up to them. "I got their information for the insurance." He took Chan from Jeonghan seeing how nervous his husband was.

"Baby, " Seungcheol rocked as Chan grabbed his chest in pain. Chan coughed sending drops of red everywhere. "Jeonghan, call for an ambulance."

"On it." Jeonghan took out his phone. While it was ringing his kissed Chan's head.

At the hospital, Jeonghan was getting his shoulder x-rayed while Seungcheol and Chan waited for him.

"Do I have to be x-rayed too?" Chan asked. The doctors had given Chan kid-pain medicine so he was a lot calmer.

"Yeah." Seungcheol kissed his forehead.

"It's scary," Chan whined. "Does it hurt?"

"No, it doesn't. Look at Papa, does he look like he's in pain?" Seungcheol pointed at Jeonghan as the doctor finished the X-rays.

"Can you and Papa be with me?" Chan asked.

"I can, but Papa has to talk to the doctor," Seungcheol promised.

Once Jeonghan finished, Seungcheol laid Chan on the table.

"Be a brave boy while I'm gone." Jeonghan tickled Chan's chin causing him to laugh.

A doctor performed Chan's x-ray. Jeonghan's shoulder was broken and he needed a cast. Chan had two fractured ribs and needed to be on strict bed rest for a month.

One of Jeonghan's friends was driving them home. Chan had fallen asleep which is good because Seungcheol and Jeonghan didn't want to subject Jisoo to a crying four-year-old.

"Chan's birthday is soon right?" Jisoo asked. "Happy birthday."

"His birthday is next week," Seungcheol said. "We're driving to pick out a new playground for him."

"Aww, that's nice." Jisoo smiled.

"Yeah, " Jeonghan rubbed Chan's cheek. "It's a shame he can't use it for a while." Jisoo pulled into the family's driveway.

"Thanks for driving us." Jeonghan reached for his wallet to pay him back.

"Don't" Jisoo shook his head. "You have Chan and your shoulder to worry about."

Jeonghan nodded on got Chan out of his car seat. "Ow!" Chan grabbed his chest and cried.

"I know baby." Jeonghan pulled him close, while Seungcheol took out his car seat.

Jeonghan carried him to bed. "Does your arm still hurt?" He placed a hand on Jeonghan's cast.

"No, but don't touch it." Jeonghan moved his hand. "Okay, remember what the doctor told you."

"I'm only allowed to leave bed to eat and bathroom." Chan nodded as Jeonghan tucked him in. "Play with me."

"Sure." Jeonghan picked out some toys, 'forgetting' that he was supposed to help Seungcheol carry the car seat inside.

In two weeks, Chan was getting restless. "Please I want to go outside." He whined while the family was eating lunch.

"Two more weeks." Jeonghan ruffled his hair. "Just rest for those two weeks and you'll be able to run for hours."

Chan got out of his chair and ran to the back door. Seungcheol picked him up. "Well now you're in trouble."

"What are you going to do?" Chan smirked. "Send me to my room?" Chan spent the next 30 minutes on a very uncomfortable chair.

The two weeks ended, and Chan was eager to start playing. "Come on, I want to play!" Chan pulled on Jeonghan's arm.

"I liked it better you when sat still." Jeonghan picked him up. "Let's go."

"We have a surprise for you." Seungcheol tapped his nose. They led him outside to see his new playground.