15: Together Again

He immediately pressed his lips against mine.

"God I've missed you." I said.

He chuckled. "Same."

"Why did you come back?" I asked.

"I couldn't leave you. I could feel you were unhappy."

"You're right."

He started untying the ropes on my wrists.

Thank God he was here. I don't know if I could've spent another second without him.

I heard the door creak open.

"Get away from her." I turned and saw Jim standing in the doorway, a knife in his hand.

He started walking towards us.

"Jim, we can work this out." Ryan said calmly.

Jim swung his knife towards Ryan's head and Ryan ducked.

"Ok, you want to play hardball, I'll play hardball." Ryan jumped on top of Jim, knocking the knife out of his hand.

He pinned him down and Jim swung his legs up and knocked Ryan off of him. Jim pinned Ryan down this time, pulling a gun out of his belt.

I fumbled with the loosened bounds around my wrists. Jim cocked his gun. I was frantically fumbling with the last knots.

Jim placed the gun up to Ryan's head. I grabbed a paper weight off of the table next to me and chucked it at Jim's head.

He dropped the gun and flopped onto the floor. Ryan got up and helped me untie the bounds on my feet.

When they were untied, he pulled me into an embrace. I cried into his shoulder. There were no words to describe how much I needed him.

"He won't stay unconscious forever." He whispered.

I wiped my eyes and grabbed Jim's knife and gun.

I heard a loud groaning and saw a group of creepers coming in the door. I looked down at Jim. I couldn't leave him here for the creepers.

"Seriously, Arizona?" Ryan saw me looking at Jim.

"We would just have another creeper to look after." I protested.

He sighed and helped me put Jim in a closet. We padlocked the door.

The zombies had surrounded us now. Maybe fifty of them.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"Shoot and hope for the best." He said.

I shot the zombie closest to us. Then the next. Ryan was stabbing them as fast as he could. We were almost to the door when Ryan screamed.

A zombie had grabbed the back of his shirt and ripped it, scratching his skin with it.

I really hope it was a dummy. I shot it in the head and dragged Ryan out of the cabin.

I stumbled and fell to my knees. I was still weak from the shot Jim had given me. Ryan swooped me up into his arms and ran through the trees. It was getting dark and more zombies came out of the expansive forest. The fence was nowhere to be seen. He twisted and turned through trees and over streams.

"Just a little bit farther." I looked over my shoulder and saw a large rock.

He lowered me into the hold and I felt myself falling down a steep slide. I heard Ryan come in after me.

I saw a small light at the end of the tunnel and was launched into a small cave, Ryan toppling out after me.

We rolled a few times and I landed on top of him.