Conclaves

Clarke

Clarke wiped her dripping nose from the mounds of crying as she stared at the black blood that covered Lexa's bed. The horn of the conclave beginning blared and she turned to see Murphy trying to pry the door open.

"We need to get out of here," her voice faltered. "Don't you think I'm trying?" he asked. There was a pause and he stepped back to face her. "I'm sorry about your girlfriend."

She gave him a slight nod and returned to his work. "It's funny how they're going to fight to put a chip in their head. Thank God Sweet Kane got out," he said to himself. "Lexa's in there," she told him with a positive nod. "The Spirit of the Commanders." "Choose wisely," he finished. "And watch them kill our people."

Clarke pounded on the door and shouted, "Titus!" There were footsteps on the other side and the door creaked open. "I need to talk with Aden," she said and he led them out.

The guards opened the doors to the throne room to find the novitiates tossing marigolds on top of the wrapped body. Candles flickered as she approached the blonde who turned from his prayers.

"Clarke," he greeted and she faintly smiled. "I need to make sure you win the conclave and protect the Thirteenth Clan," she told him. "It is not up to me," he said. "But I will keep heda's promise, all of us." She glanced at all of the nightbloods who stood and nodded to reassure her.

"Let me in," Luisa's voice muttered as she struggled at the entrance. "You cannot enter," Titus said. "You killed her and the only reason you're still alive is that you're the only Flamekeeper," she snapped. "I may not be part of the conclave but I'm still a nightblood, let me in."

Titus glanced at her then order the guards to release her. Alone, she walked down the aisle and slightly smiled at her and Aden before reaching the body. Everyone watched in silence as she tossed flowers and muttered under her breath.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Roan and Ontari at the doors but Luisa continued. She stopped the flower movements, pulling her arms behind her back, and kneeled.

Her head dropped and Clarke fell on her knees, followed by the rest of the nightbloods. Scouts were bowing alongside Titus, even Murphy. She glanced at Roan who was staring at her to stand her friend but she didn't and watched him leave.

"Yu gonplei ste odon, heda," Luisa said. "Your fight is over," she whispered. "May we meet again." The queen stood and they rose, exchanging looks as she walked out. Ontari glared at the two before entering as Clarke and Murphy were escorted back to the room.

Luisa

Pain or anger? Scream or cry? Luisa didn't know which one was inside of her and she let the emotions eat at her stomach.

She entered the dining room to see Roan leaning on the table. His intimidating expression didn't scare her for she couldn't feel anything.

"You bowed," he said. "She's dead, respect is the only thing I could give," she answered plainly. "The conclave has already begun, now we wait for the next Commander." "Don't play with me," he said, pushing himself off the table.

She grew stiff when he held her hands and rubbed her knuckles. He didn't have to say anything when he pulled her in for a hug. Crying was what erupted in the room. The sound of her wails was overlapped by the echo of a blowing horn signaling the end of the conclave.

Luisa sniffled and glanced at Roan in confusion before they rushed out of the dining room. The doors to the throne room were wide open as a crowd gaped in horror.

Making the same expression, her mouth fell open then closed, trying to suppress the pain. Sitting on the throne, Ontari was covered in black blood and the headless bodies were scattered across the floor. Clarke barged in and she and Roan grabbed her and Murphy to stay quiet.