007

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter seven:athena puts ej in his place !

chapter seven:
athena puts ej in his place !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

THE NEXT DAY at rehearsal, Athena sat in between Ricky and Ashlyn in the bomb shelter. A wide smile was on her face as she watched the dancers, especially Violetta, kill it with their routine of Stick to the Status Quo. Athena could just tell that her best friend's heart was completely encaptured in the dance number from the pure joy in her expression.

However, as she sat next to Ricky, she couldn't help but feel a sort of tension in the air between them. What happened yesterday was . . . really weird. They had literally just stared at each other for a couple long moments without saying a word. Something different was between them now, but Athena couldn't figure out what.

Finally, Gina came in with her big solo. It was actually supposed to be a duet between her and Nini, but Nini was nowhere to be found. Athena stared at the girl in amazement as she struck her final pose.

"Everybody hold!" Miss Jenn announced. She walked over towards the door, and Athena turned to see Nini come in the room. "Nini, where were you? We've been here for an hour."

"I'm so sorry," Nini apologized as she rushed into the room. "I — I lost my phone and basically spent last night living as a hunter-gatherer. Which, by the way, did you know there are things that are only on TV at a certain time? Okay, anyway, I finally picked it up in the lost and found and — wait, did you say an hour?"

"Gina sent you and me a text asking if we could come in early so she could talk through a new idea. You didn't get it?"

"No, because my phone was missing."

Miss Jenn sighed. "Well, honey, you've gotta keep better track of your stuff. A real triple threat means singing, acting, and being organized."

Nini nodded. "Got it."

"Well, if you had been here, you'd know that Gina pitched a whole new dance break for Gabriella and Taylor in the middle of Status Quo, and she had Carlos work it all out with her, and it is just dazzling."

"You and Carlos," Nini commented to Gina, while Gina held out a bedazzled lunch tray to her.

"Gina, why don't you hydrate and show Nini the new choreo, would you?" Miss Jenn suggested.