008

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter eight:tension in the air !

chapter eight:
tension in the air !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

NATALIA BAGLEY WAS certainly an interesting character in Athena's eyes. She was the stage manager for their production of High School Musical: The Musical and was one of the sweetest girls Athena had ever met. However, a shriek had expelled itself from the girl, claiming her emotional support hamster had escaped. So currently, everyone besides Carlos, Gina, and Natalie were in the hallway outside of the bomb shelter.

Athena was leaning up against the wall next to Violetta, the two of them talking about an episode of a TV show they were currently watching, when Nini and EJ appeared. She looked over. Nini looked like she wanted absolutely nothing to do with him, and that's when Athena knew she had found out.

"You're mad at me," EJ finally concluded. No duh, Athena thought to herself. "Look, there was no fitting at lunch."

"Fine," Nini replied. "Wanna know where I was at lunch? I was at the computer lab bribing some hacker to crack into my phone to recover a message you deleted when you stole it."

"Wait, why do you think that I—"

"Might I add that the message was actually supposed to be for Athena," Nini revealed.

EJ sighed. "I didn't know the message was supposed to be sent to her, not you."

"So you're admitting to it." Nini shook her head and walked farther away from the group, EJ following her. "Unbelievable."

The two of them tucked themselves into a secluded area of the hallway and talked it over for a couple moments. Athena shared a wide-eyed look with Violetta as she watched EJ try to plead with Nini, but she wasn't having any of it.

"Hey, um, is the door locked or something?" Nini asked, finally walking away from EJ. "Why can't we get in?"

"Oh, Natalia Bagley's missing her emotional support hamster," Ashlyn answered. "He got loose. Carlos and Gina are helping her find her. Him. It."

A high-pitched scream suddenly sounded from inside the bomb shelter.

Ashlyn pointed at the door. "I think they found it."

Natalie suddenly stepped out of the room, holding a box and taking off down the hallway. "I need a moment."

"Is he dead?" Ashlyn questioned.