020

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter twenty:tears and slamming doors !

chapter twenty:
tears and slamming doors !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA MOSTLY STAYED by Violetta's side throughout the whole time they were reorganizing the stage. She still felt uneasy with the whole Ricky and Nini thing, so she decided that spending some time with her best friend would cheer her up a little. It did. Violetta's sarcastic nature and witty comments never failed to bring a smile to Athena's face.

Finally, all of them were gathered around the seats with scripts in their hands. Athena leaned her back against the wall as she engaged in a conversation with Violetta.

"No, I'm not kidding," Violetta argued. "I seriously think that Chad and Ryan were more than friends. What other explanation would there be for them switching clothes after the baseball game?"

Athena thought about that for a moment. "Wait, I never realized that as a kid. You know, I think you're right, Vi. Seems a little suspicious to me."

Violetta flicked her hair over her shoulder. "I'm always, right, 'Thena. You should know this by now."

Athena scoffed. "Yeah, okay."

"Okay, we just need to nail down our lighting and our sound and ta-da, we've got a show," Miss Jenn announced. "I need some bodies for the rooftop scene."

EJ raised his hand. "I can do Troy."

"Fine. Athena, come stand in for Gabriella. We'll have both Understudies."

The girl looked away from Violetta. "Oh, uh, sure."

Violetta pushed her shoulder to encourage her to move. Athena walked up and joined EJ on the stage. It felt a little awkward, considering he had heard Ricky's voicemail about her. Not to mention Athena was dating Ricky and EJ had a sort-of thing with Violetta and now they were supposed to play one of the most iconic couples. Athena offered him a small smile as she turned to the correct page in her script.

"Do we have a working lightboard?" Miss Jenn asked.

"Found it!" Big Red exclaimed.

Suddenly, the light turned blue. Athena let out a shriek at the sight of new mannequins in neon clothing on the stage.

"Sorry, everyone," Carlos apologized. "My Uncle Ruben said there was gonna be some leftover stuff from the fashion show. I guess the theme was eighties rave?"

"In a nuclear reactor?" Ashlyn added, causing all of them to laugh.

"Big Red, so we have anything more flattering?" Miss Jenn questioned.