022

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter twenty-two:opening night !

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

chapter twenty-two:
opening night !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

OPENING NIGHT — THE one night that everyone anxiously waited and practiced for had finally come. Athena scrambled around her room, packing literally everything she could ever possibly need in her backpack. Sheet music? Check. Script? Check. Many bottles of water? Check. Makeup and hair things? Check. New gift for Ricky to give him after the show in celebration of both of them being in their first musical? Check.

"Athena, stop freaking out," Violetta told her with a bored tone from her place on Athena's bed. "You're going to be fine, I promise."

Violetta and Athena had promised each other they would arrive to the school for opening night together. While Athena was completely freaking out (which was very unlike her, she didn't know what was going on), Violetta seemed perfectly calm.

"I've never been in a musical before," Athena fretted. "What if I show up and suddenly don't have something?" She held up her hair straightener. "You think I need this?"

"Definitely not." Violetta seemed lost in thought. "Hey, can I tell you something?"

"Of course," Athena replied absentmindedly, stuffing more hair ties than what was probably needed into her backpack. "You can tell me anything, Vi. You know that."

"Um . . . you know how EJ offered to drive me home from rehearsal last night since Ricky wanted to take you back to his house to watch a movie?" Violetta asked. Athena nodded while zipping up her backpack. "Well, EJ drove me home, and we've been getting a lot closer lately, so conversation was flowing really easily. Then when he pulled up to my house, he walked me to my front door and kissed me."

Athena's eyes widened and she spun around. "Shut up. No way."

Violetta nodded excitedly. "He did. And this sounds so sappy and I'm even grossing myself out, but it felt almost like I had—"

"Butterflies?" Athena guessed, a smile stretching across her face.

Violetta groaned. "This is so mushy. I'm not romantic like you."

"Vi, this is so amazing," Athena gushed, sitting next to her on the bed. "I'm happy for you. EJ's a really good guy."

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘  ―  r. bowen ¹  ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें