014

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter fourteen:an old song and a new one !

chapter fourteen:
an old song and a new one !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA, HER HEART heavy, watched as Ricky zipped up his backpack. The room was silent besides the zipper of his bag. That silence hung in the air, and Athena was anxious to make it go away. She laced her hands together in front of her and walked up to him cautiously.

"I know this musical means a lot to you," Athena announced, making him look up at her. "And it means a lot to me, too. I don't want to see it go away."

"It won't go away," Ricky replied.

Athena raised an eyebrow. "It seems like you know something I don't."

Ricky sighed. "Come on, Attie. She's Miss Jenn. She's unstoppable. In fact, the whole show is unstoppable."

"But, Ricky . . . what if it does?" Athena asked quietly. "Then what?"

"We're not going to go there. It can't stop. We still have so much work to do. You have songs to learn on the piano and I have scenes to memorize. We can't just leave it at this."

Athena nodded slowly. "Yeah, okay. You're right." Her eyes then trailed to his guitar case. "Hey, Ric, why don't you show me that acoustic version of When There Was Me and You you were talking about?"

Ricky's eyebrows raised. "Really? You want to hear it?"

"Of course I want to hear it. When I said I liked the idea, I meant it." She sat down on one of the boxes and smiled at him. "Come on, sing to me, pretty boy."

"Pretty boy?" Ricky repeated as he set his guitar case and opened it. "Where'd that come from?"

"Well, you're pretty and you're a boy, so it seemed natural."

Ricky got his guitar out and slung the strap across his shoulder. "All right, fine. I'll sing for you, pretty girl."

Athena's face flushed a light shade of pink and she rolled her eyes playfully. Ricky then began to strum his guitar to the tune of When There Was Me and You.

"I thought you were my fairy tale, my dream when I'm not sleeping," Ricky sang in his beautiful voice, Athena smiling slightly at it as she placed her chin in the palm of her hand. "A wish upon a star that's coming true. And everybody else could tell that I confused my feelings with the truth, when there was me and you, oh. I swore I knew the melody that I heard you singing, and when you smiled you made me feel like I could sing along. But then you went and changed the words, now my heart is empty. I'm only left with used-to-be's and once upon a song."