Starry Night

A/N • This is where I steer off from the rest of season six... Mostly.

"Theo"

Theo stirred, as usual in a state of daze, he was in his own bed but he wasn't. He was back in hell. He was back with the skinwalkers. Only this time, he was there to stay. He was there to die.

"Theo"

"I was always there for you... But you took my heart. I'll take yours. Just like you deserve."

"Theo..."

He tossed and turned while he tried to get away from his sister, tears in his eyes. "Tara, I'm ... It wasn't me. The dread doctors took my emotions. Turned my feelings off. I couldn't... I didn't know what I was doing. I could only watch. I wasn't in control." Theo was trying to explain as his sister got closer to him. Closer and closer.

"You think you deserve to live? You murdered your own sister. You killed. You betrayed everyone. They won't trust you. Liam will never like you. He's not your alpha. If you died no one would notice."

"An easy death. Your fear is different. Strange. Your scared to loose emotion again. You're scared that Tara isn't actually dead. Wait till you know what the Dread Doctors turned her into."

He scratched his chest and screamed as she took his heart, he cried and cried like a nine year old boy who's ice cream fell to the ground. Like a boy who lost his mother. Like a boy who killed his sister.

"THEO" Liam. Liam was here. His heartbeat quickened, breathing heavily as he tried to wake up. He was back in his bed but he couldn't wake up. His heart still missing from his chest and blood everywhere.

"He needs salt to wake him, find something. Please Theo, it's a nightmare. Wake up!" He heard Liam's voice and sweat dripped on his forehead and brow.

"Li..." He muttered weekly.

"Theo, I'm here. I'm here. Wake up for me. I need you."

That was all he needed as he thrashed one last time, he sat bolt up right in the bed in the guest room as he looked around scared. Theo was surprised when he saw Liam who was holding his hand, Corey, Mason and Deaton sitting in his room looking more stressed than anything else.

"The akutine was here." Liam spoke softly, his heart beating fast, Theo noticed. He stared into Liam's eyes, not knowing what to say.

"I had a nightmare as well." Liam explained. "I called Corey and Mase it's haunting all of us. This is what it does to the humans so they hunt us." It was a lot to take in. Theo had to be honest.

"That was a normal nightmare for me." He admitted quietly and Corey gasped while Liam's breathing stopped for a second, and Deaton frowned in concern. Only Mason showed no reaction.

"What exactly happened, Theo? Was there anything different this time round?" Deaton questioned.

Theo finally broke eye contact with Liam as he looked down, the scratches on his chest healing slowly.

"The usual. Telling me my alpha will never like me. That no one will ever trust me... That I'm a murderer and I don't deserve to be alive-" he paused. Remembering. He glanced at Deaton. "That my sister might be alive. That the Dread Doctors turned her into something... Apparently my fear is different. I'm... I'm afraid to loose emotion again. I don't understand why that's different." He was rambling. He had to bite his tongue to not say anything else. He didn't get why he was suddenly talking like there was no tomorrow. Maybe that's because that was how he had felt. But did he have to do it in front of everyone!?

Apparently so.

Deaton was in deep thought but Liam was the one who spoke first.

"Your alpha? Did you mean Scott?"

Theo rolled his eyes but he didn't get to reply. Mason did.

"You're so dense, Liam. He means you. You're his alpha. You're his anchor. He doesn't realise how much you really trust him and neither do you. Put it together already. The tension in hear is unbearable." Mason ranted and Theo couldn't hide his flushed cheeks as he looked down to his hands.

"You're so tactful." He heard Corey say and Liam still hadn't said anything but out of everyone in the room, Theo had heard and felt Liam's heart increase rapidly as Mason had spoken. Maybe... No. It wasn't true. Tara was right. He wasn't likeable.

"Theo, if Scott were here he'd tell you that though that were true. You've proven yourself with the Ghost riders. Scott trusts you and you've earned my trust. As Mason said, Liam trusts you more than he lets on. Right now, we need to find the other half. Lydia, Scott and Malia are in the woods chasing Lydia's dream. Hopefully they find answers. Your sister is a matter we need to talk to the skinwalkers about but that will have to wait. I'll give you some tea that will help you sleep tonight but I suggest Liam stays with you. You all need to stick together. Gerrard is gathering forces. He's stronger than ever. Don't let him win."

With that, Deaton left the room with a final nod.

"Did he even breath during that?" Corey was the first to speak and Theo chuckled.

"Didn't seem like it." He replied with a small, tired smile. He didn't want to go back to sleep. He couldn't dream of Tara again.

"I know I'm not an alpha and I'm not Scott..." Liam started and Theo looked up and into his eyes again, who stared right back. "Everyone in this room I trust completely and without question. You guys are like a pack to me. If any of you were hurt a piece of me would be missing." He said heavily and Theo felt a mix of relief and ... Love.

Mason held Corey's hand and accepted Liam's speech. What Theo had said today, was true. He couldn't do anything about it. Not that he wanted to. He just wanted Liam to be happy.

"Liam there's something I didn't mention to you a few weeks ago." Theo blurted out. Liam raised his eyebrows just as Deaton came back with the tea. "Deaton, stay for a moment. Please."

This was when Mason realised this Theo was a very different, kinder, loving version of Theo they were witnessing compared to the Theo who first arrived at Beacon Hills. He smiled to himself. It was because of his best friend that Theo had changed.

"Of course." Deaton replied.

Theo coughed as his attention was back on Liam.

"I don't know when it'll kick in. When you'll accept who you've changed in to.  But when Kate had me trapped with the mountain ash, you did the same thing as Scott. Or so I've heard" He explained, and both Corey and Mason frowned while Deaton's eyes widened, slowly realising where Theo was going with this.

"Your eyes turned red as you fought through the barrier." He said dramatically and Mason grinned brightly starting to jump around the room.

"My best friend is a true alpha!" He cheered literally bouncing around.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner ... With everything going on and the akunite and the hunters. I meant to tell you. I thought I'd imagined it at first." Theo rushed out afterwards concerned for Liam's silence.

"My best friend is better than yours!" Mason started doing a little jig while Corey covered his face with embarrassment. Liam was still trying to process everything but Deaton didn't look shocked at all.

"I knew the only strength to get past the barrier was a true alpha, which was why. I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure if you had seen the change. But this... Last time... You guys are going to have to keep close. If Kate already knew, there's going to be people after you Liam."

Liam sighed and placed his hand on Theo's shoulder. "I forgive you for not saying anything, Theo. Deaton, should Scott know about this?" Already knowing the answer as Deaton nodded. Liam then turned to Mason, unable to stop the smile.

"Mase, stop dancing or I'll tell everyone your worst fear." Mason immediately stopped. "Sorry alpha. Won't happen again alpha."

Theo and Corey sniggered and Liam rolled his eyes.

It was going to be a long night.