My Oh My

"Deaton is in Scott's, come on Liam let's go inside. He'll know what to do." Mason tried to convince his best friend, feeling helpless as Liam was wincing and panting, his eyes showing more pain than anything else as Liam shook his head.

"Go, they need your brains. It's not me who's hurt." Liam reminded him and Mason sighed and gave in. Liam hadn't said anything about not telling Scott - "Don't tell Scott, he's got enough on his mind without having to worry about me." Damn, spoke too soon.

"Alright, Liam. But call me. Okay? Call me or Corey." Mason said and Liam nodded as he tried to look like he was alright. Mason knew he was far from it as he finally, finally left the car and entered Scott's house. Scott was no where to be seen and it was just Lydia and Deaton looking at something on the table.

They looked up and Lydia smiled, but frowned as he saw his worried expression that he hadn't managed to cover up yet. Liam had said not to tell Scott. He didn't say not to tell Lydia or Deaton.

"Mason?" Lydia questioned, as Mason walked over to them.

He looked at Deaton, "What do you know about wolves feeling someone elses pain?" He questioned his voice in a whisper.

Deaton frowned and Lydia raised an eyebrow, "Like Aiden and Ethan can feel when the others hurt?" She asked and Mason nodded. "Except, not when they're twins."

Deaton seemed to be in thought until he responded a moment later. "Like, a connection? An anchor? I need more detail here, Mason. Or is this just one of your many questions?"

"What was that about an anchor?" Mason questioned interested and Deaton hummed, "Two people who have a deep, emotional connection are often referred to as each others anchors. But with wolves, that feeling is multiplied. It happens every hundred years where there are such theories of soulmates." Deaton explained and Mason nodded, taking it all in. "They can't last long without the other and if, like you said, one is hurt, the other will know. It's beautiful. But rare. Rarer than a true alpha."

Mason was going to respond when Melissa arrived with Scott's Dad and Argent, which Scott must have scented as he walked down hurriedly with Malia.

"You're not leaving." Rafael said and Melissa spoke first. "While I'm thankful for you seeing our side of things I have to question why."

"It's Gerrard. He's handing out his weapons to all of Beacon Hills. Anyone. And everyone."

Mason was still thinking about Liam and the words hadn't registered what was said.

"What?" Scott questioned shocked.

Lydia had been too quiet.  But Mason was trying to get his brain working. What was nagging him?

"It's not safe to leave this house, and your friends aren't safe either-"

"GET DOWN!" Lydia screamed just before bullets were smashing through Scott's house.

"Liam!!! Liam is out there!" Mason finally said as he hid under the table.

---

Liam had finally found Theo's scent at its strongest and that had lead him to the abandoned zoo. At night. It really had to be this place. The place he had dreamed about. He shivered involuntary as he debated on what to do. What if Munroe was there? What if it was Gerrard? He didn't even have a plan!

Every inch of his body was telling him not to go in, considering Theo had to knock him out five times before. Five! But his heart was telling him to go and find Theo. It was too quiet, considering he could still feel his pain.

"Theo!" Liam called out as he looked around the zoo, going through the different tunnels as fast as he could.

"Try again!" A female voice, sounding disoriented, spoke out and Liam froze. "Who are you?"

"Aren't you going to try and guess?" The voice replied back and Liam shook his head, "I only want Theo and I want him alive." Liam growled almost protectively.

"And the others haven't figured it out yet, how sweet. Well, you have five minutes to try and find him. Before the yellow wolfsbane kicks in."

Liam tried to keep calm but this place was still triggering to him and this women was using his own tactics against him. "What haven't they figured out?" He asked as he focused on Theo's scent and Theo alone. Closing his eyes as he tried to picture just where he was.

"Of course, it had to be a true alpha's beta." The voice was familiar but Liam couldn't place it. In the end, Liam's eyes turned yellow with a tinge of red and he growled out, "Theo! Tell me where to find you?" 

"That won't work. Nice try though, I'm mildly impressed." But what she didn't know was that it had worked. Liam could some how hear him, hear Theo. "She's put mountain ash around me. Where we put the sleeping bags the other day. If I survive I'm going to kill her!" Liam couldn't help but feel relieved just by hearing Theo's voice. He then came up with a plan.

"You know, you shouldn't have messed with my pack." When Theo became a part of his pack, he would figure out later. Right now he was trying to distract whoever it was that had Theo.

"Your pack? You're not a leader. You're not even an alpha. You don't have what it takes." She replied and Liam somehow managed to get his anger in control until he knew what to do with it.

He found the place that had been where the sleeping bags were and he growled out in anger. Theo was tied upside down, with electricity tied to his ankles and there the mountain ash barrier was, circling Theo.

Liam glared at the women in the shadows though her eyes were glowing. His eyes widened. "Kate." He spat, he was lucky he listened to what Scott and the others say when they think he isn't paying attention.

It clearly took her by surprise but she recovered as she moved out of the shadows. "Scott's beta. Hmm, not very impressive." She laughed when Theo growled at her. "Come here and I'll show you what's impressive!" Liam heard and frowned when Kate didn't even reply, she was just focused on himself.

"Seems like I upset your boyfriend." Kate replied and Liam's fists clenched as he was still trying not to show that this place was still triggering him.

"What do you think the others will think of this? True anchors. The chimera and the baby beta. Now, it was something I didn't see coming until Sitomis pack was slaughtered. I was the last one to see her."

"Liam, don't. She's trying to get a reaction out of you, please. Try and think of a way to get past the mountain ash!" Theo's voice calmed him as his hands bled. "She didn't help the pack, she probably killed them herself!" Liam replied angrily.

"And I'll kill her when you set me free, Li. She's lying about the wolfsbane. It doesn't hurt a chimera the way it does to wolves." Theo responded meanwhile Kate was smirking watching Liam debate what to do with interest.

"What's your plan, Liam? It takes a true strength to break through the barrier. There's no point trying." 

"Don't tell me there's no point trying." Liam replied using all his anger that he had built up since setting foot back inside the zoo and he put his hands up, using all his strength and something more to pass through. He heard a gasp as he managed to break through part of the barrier, his hands and legs were slowly breaking through too.

"This isn't possible." Liam heard and it was Liam's turn to smirk. He thought of Theo as he pushed further and further, and only Theo would see his eyes turning red for a solid three seconds as he got through.

"The beta of a true alpha." Liam growled out and Kate was stood in shook as Liam sprinted to untie Theo.

"I knew you could do it." Theo panted out with a proud smile. Liam smiled, also panting out as he recovered, "No you didn't." He replied back and Theo smiled even wider.

"You're right, I didn't. Now let me kill Kate!" Theo growled as he broke free, though he stumbled into Liam's arms. "I thought the yellow wolfsbane didn't effect you?"

"I lied." Theo rasped out his eyes closing.