Under Control

Theo tried not to laugh as Mason got pushed to the ground again, Liam nudged him with an amused smirk. "Why did he think he could play?" Theo asked Liam, who covered up his laughter.

"He had one too many to drink." Liam replied, "Corey and I are on the team and he was jealous that he was left out of something." He explained.

Theo shook his head with a fond smile as Corey helped Mason up. All seemed to be going well, even Nolan, Gabe and the rest of the team seemed to forget about the Hunters and the Akunite, just for a few minutes. Before it all turned south. The lights turned off and Theo heard a low growl.

"Coach, get everyone off the pitch. Now." Theo told coach, not knowing that this was a repeat of a few months ago and Coach didn't argue.

"Alright, let's go, practice is over you loosers." He shouted and surprisingly, everyone left without hesitation, even though they couldn't hear or see what was going on. Isaac stayed, standing next to Theo, while Liam helped Mason and Corey leave the field. Well, he tried.

"Did you hear a growl, or was I imagining things?" Isaac asked Theo, who shook his head.

"You weren't imagining anything. I heard it too." He froze, when he saw piercing, cold green eyes moving behind his alpha, Corey and Mason.

"Li!" Theo called and it all happened at once, Corey pushed Liam and Mason towards the safety of Theo and Isaac. Just as Corey was about to do his trick of turning invisible, he screamed in pain, the were-cayote had bit his leg and was dragging him off the field.

Mason was held back by Isaac, who was a lot stronger than him as both Corey and the were-cayote turned invisible into the woods.

Theo was holding Liam back, who growled deeply. Liam hadn't lost control in a while, but with one of his pack in danger and he stood by and let it happen, Liam's eyes turned a dangerous, full red and his alpha abilities kicked in. He howled with all his pain and heart, all of Beacon Hills supernatural creatures would have heard. Including Parrish, Lydia, Scott and Derek.

"Liam! Now isn't the time to loose it!" Isaac spoke trying to get Liam to snap out of it. Nothing worked as Mason collapsed on the ground, knees up to his chest. He was useless. It was his fault they were there and it was his fault Corey protected him.

"I can't -" Liam growled lowly.

He felt hands on his shoulders and Theo made eye contact with his alpha's red one's, who had still been looking into the woods, were now focused solely on Theo's eyes, still angry, still in pain.

"Liam, you can get in control of this. I need you to focus." Theo spoke calmly, running a hand through Liam's hair, who was taking deep breaths.

"That was Tara." He said dramatically and Liam furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion. "I have an idea of where she took Corey. We need to find them before the Hunters do. I need you in control. I need you to be the alpha." Theo was aware that Isaac was smirking and he was aware that Scott had just entered the field with Lydia. They had heard everything.

He only cared about Liam.

Liam, after a few minutes of breathing with Theo, of only thinking about Theo and Corey, finally got himself together. Quicker than Scott managed with his alpha abilities. But more was at stake to compare himself to Scott.

"Thank you." Liam said, his voice raspy and tired, his eyes back to normal, smiling foolishly at Theo. "You need me?"

Theo smacked him lightly, not able to stop smiling. "That's what you take from that?"

"Hate to break this up, Liam, all of Beacon Hills heard you." Lydia ran up with Scott to them and helped Mason up, "Mason, you can find Corey no matter what. Go with Liam and Theo in the woods. But be careful... Someone is going to die tonight." She spoke seriously and Mason's eyes grew concerned and scared.

"Corey?" He asked weakly and Lydia shook her head.

"Tara will kill one of the hunters."

Theo's head shot up in alert.

"We can't let that happen" he spoke surprising Scott, who was checking if Liam was alright. Lydia shook her head in agreement.

"Theo's right. It will cause mayhem. Just... Stay alive. You three stick together, Scott and Isaac, slow the hunters down."

"What will you do?" Isaac asked, "Does anyone smell...."

"Blood. Lots of it. I'll be finding the dead bosies." Lydia spoke, pale and looked like she was missing someone.

"Not without me."

Parrish.

Theo grasped his hand in Liam's as they talked and it felt right for it to belong there. He was making Liam stay put and not run off without him. They were finding Corey together. No more recklessness. Not tonight.

"Can we go now?" Liam asked anxiously.

"Liam, wait. Control your alpha instincts. It's more powerful than you realise." Scott advised and Liam gave Scott a smile as he squeezed Theo's hand tightly.

"Don't worry, my anchor is right next to me. I'll be fine."