Brother Vs Sister

Theo is worried. Scratch that. He is scared. He'd never admit that out loud. But as he held Liam's hand tightly, with Mason by their side treading through the woods... He wasn't scared for himself. No. He was scared for Corey. For Liam. For Mason.

Tara wasn't like him.

They had yet to figure out what she was and she definitely changed into a form of a were-cayote but there was something different. What the Dread Doctors turned her into. Was playing through his mind as he heard Masons grip tighten on the aluminium baseball bat.

"What can you smell? Are we close?" Mason asked in a hushed whisper. Theo closed his eyes and focused on his sense of smell, the blood was still in their direction, as he opened his eyes his blue eyes shined amber. He could tell from the wind and from the direction of the sticks and leaves in front of them that they were close. The blood dripping from Corey's leg was helping but there was someone else's blood there too. He couldn't place who's.

"Close." Theo spoke after a few moments.

"Are we heading to the river?" Mason asked again and Theo shook his head, "No-"

"The nemeton." Liam spoke, in realisation and Theo smiled, looking at him in surprise.

"You figured it out?" Theo asked, impressed. Liam looked down trying to hide his flushed cheeks. "Maybe, the holes are around here and I remembered where they lead to..." Liam trailed off and Theo smirked.

"Stop smirking, alright. I remember falling down a hole near a chopped down tree stump while Stiles and I were looking for you. It helped... Oh shut up." Liam said and pushed Theo lightly who was still smirking stupidly, not moving an inch as Liam tried to push him.

"But... If this is near the nemeton, what's she going to do to Corey?" Mason asked and Theo looked at him with concern.

"The last time we were near the nemeton..." Liam trailed off and they were all thinking the same thing. They were in trouble. Big trouble.

The smell of blood was starting to get overwhelming.

Theo put his arms out to stop Mason and Liam from walking any further.

"What?" Liam asked, annoyed he almost tripped over.

"Over there. Three o'clock." Theo replied, voice hushed.

As the trio looked, Corey was tired to the nemeton, his bitten leg bleeding out with a boy tied next to him. Corey was surrounded by mountain ash, while the boy seemed to be passed out. Tara was stood out of the way in ripped, dirty clothes, messy hair and her arms folded. Blood on her chin and face.

"She wants us here." Liam spoke, turning to him and Mason and Theo shook his head.

"No, I don't think that's it."

"Oh I want you here, your boyfriend is right." Mason jumped and Tara was standing behind them with a familiar smirk on her face, evil, cold eyes.

"What did you do to Corey?" Mason glared trying to look threatening but it didn't help. Theo stood in front of both Mason and Liam in a protective stance.

"That's interesting, isn't it. Have you figured out what I am yet?" She asked in a teasing, emotionless tone. "What a bite from me can do?"

"Who's the boy?" Liam asked and Tara laughed heartlessly.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes." Theo and Liam growled out at the same time.

"Fine... You guys won't let me play. I'll tell you. I was hoping Stiles and Scott would be here for this." Tara said with a pout. "He's Stiles's old friend, he moved here when we were with the dread doctors and they never lost contact until, hmm, a few days ago."

Theo didn't know what to believe. "I used to be his friend" he responded. Mason looked surprised by this.

"Used to be. He was there to pick up the pieces, brother. He left before freshman year. Before it all went south." Tara explained, bored.

"Whats he doing back?" Mason asked and Tara grinned sadistically.

"The nemeton attracts Supernatural creatures to Beacon Hills." She replied. "But... That's not what we're here to watch tonight."

Liam's eyes narrowed. "What are we here to watch?" He asked trying to get his anger in check. He just wanted to save Corey.

"Well... Right about now, your friends are going to be joining us and when they do, one of them is getting killed."

"We'll stop you." Theo said determinedly.

"Oh, it's not me you have to stop."

As if on cue, Lydia and Parrish sprinted over to the group and Scott and Isaac joined them from the other direction, only Lydia being out of breath as she leant on Parrish, holding a finger out to wait, before she controlled her breathing and spoke.

"She's going to get the Hunter's to turn on each other." Lydia said and Theo stared at her confusedly.

"I don't understand. The hunters, they're just people. Really scared, people." Liam spoke.

Mason, at this point, had enough and ran over to the nemeton and to Corey, he stepped through the mountain ash and took off his jacket, wrapping it tightly around the leg to stop any more blood loss.

"Mase, she..." Corey tried to speak, but looked faint and pale. He had lost too much blood but he wanted to warn everyone.

"What, Corey? What's her plan?"

"Y -" he struggled to breath, coughing up blood. "You." He spat out black blood.

Mason froze. "Me?"

"You're the human," the boy next to Corey spoke, apparently he was awake now but he seemed to be pale. Too pale.

"The... Liam!!" Mason shouted back to the group and Theo turned around to see Mason in the circle of mountain ash and he groaned loudly.

"Mason? What are you doing?!"  Liam yelled back and Mason pointed to the boy tied up and then pointed to himself and then to the group.

"Lorrie?" Scott asked surprising Lydia, Isaac and Parrish. Theo and Liam shared a look. Tara had been right.

"There's something you should know," Lorrie, aka, Lorenzo said in a calm, quiet voice. "I've never been human."

"Guys! I think -" Lydia called out but didn't get to finish.

Bang!