Pack, Remember?

The next morning...

Theo drummed his thumb against the steering wheel as he breathed heavily, heading back into town following the scent. He'd been driving for a few hours and it's now morning and a normal day for those going to school, for those heading to work and for those on both sides to have some quiet. Even if it was for a few hours.

He didn't like where the scent was taking him as he put his head back into the car. The school came into view ten minutes later. His nerves pricked up as he texted the group chat that was made some time while he was looking for Tara.

The Red Eyed Puppy Pack 🐺
Theo: Tara's in school with you. Be careful. I'm making my way in now.
Corey: Would we have seen her?
Liam: I can smell her but can't pinpoint where she is.
Theo: Li please don't do anything till I find you. What lessons are you in?
Mason: Chemistry. It's shit. Make it more interesting Theo I'm begging you.
Corey: Hey! How can it be shit when I'm next to you?
Liam: Who's the guy with the scarf who Scott seemed too happy to see last night, Theo?
Theo: I'll explain soon, see you shortly xx
and chemistry isn't shit Mase
Corey: Did you see that, Mase? Two kisses! I knew there was something going on
Mason: Love, stop jumping in your seat, do you want Miss to take your phone?

New messages
Back up plan bitches 😎
Stiles: Save me from Derek.
Derek: We're fine. He needed saving from himself. He almost burnt down the kitchen.
Stiles: Almost being the key word. I had it all under control.
Derek: Under control he says...
Isaac: Stop spamming the chat with your flirting. It's too early for this.
Theo: remind me why I'm here? Anyways I'm in the school now. Tara's here.  Haven't found her yet but finding Liam and protecting the pack first.
Chris: Have you not thought that's what she wants you to do?
Theo: I don't care.
Issac: Come back alive.
Theo: Are you always this cheerful?
Isaac: Can I kill him?
Derek: No.
Theo: No.
Chris: No
Stiles: ... Not in public.
Theo: I'm going now.

Theo put his phone in his pocket and made his way into the school. He technically needed to resit his final year but who really cares about that right now?

Right.

He could use that to his advantage. Joining Liam's year could be what he needs to do. To keep him safe.

After visiting the headmistress, who sorted out his paperwork, Lydia's Mum walked him to Chemistry. Munroe wasn't in school today but he wasn't thinking about her.

"I'm glad you decided to try with education again, Theo. You had so much potential. The fact that you have to resit a year isn't going to be that bad. If you focus." Lydia's Mum said just as they got to Liam's class. He smiled as she knocked on the door.

He looked around his heart beating fast as he was stared at. It probably wasn't the best time to start anew.

"Theo Raeken. New student. Make him feel welcome." She spoke and there was a spare seat next to Liam, which Theo took confidently as he ignored the stared by the other students.

"New student?" Liam whispered in his ear. Theo shrugged.

"I couldn't just barge in here could I? What did I miss and why is everyone looking everywhere but at you and me?" Theo asked and Liam bit his lip.

"They're scared."

At the end of the lesson, Liam, Corey, Mason and Theo left for the canteen together.

Theo knew something was about to happen. But he had to figure out where Tara was. She was too quiet. Her scent was everywhere. He didn't understand it.

They sat down and Theo turned to Liam first.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Liam smiled slightly and nodded. "Better now you're here."

"Mason, Corey, are you two alright?" Theo asked mainly to Mason, feeling bad about what had happened yesterday.

Mason nodded. "I don't hold it against you, you know. I know you care. You've shown it. You are showing it."

Theo felt relief at the words and he turned to Liam once more.

"Tara's scent is everywhere. No wonder you couldn't pinpoint it. How did you know she was here?" Theo asked curiously.

Liam blushed lightly. "She smells like you. But more sour." He mumbled quietly and Theo smiled stupidly as Corey and Mason gave each other a look.

After a moment of staring at each other Theo spoke again.

"She looked inside my head and saw you three were who I care about most. She's after you first. She has no heart. Literally and mentally. If there was a chance saving her she's long gone now." Theo explained his voice just above a whisper.

"You care about Corey and I?" Mason blurted out and Theo rolled his eyes but nodded. Corey replied for Mason.

"Pack, remember?"

Mason nodded apologising as they discussed how to find Tara.

"We need to stick together."

Liam looked at Mason with a smirk. "Excited for Lacrosse?" Mason groaned, "I take my bet back, Liam, I take it all back."

"Too late. You're doing try outs." Liam laughed as Mason banged his head on the table.

---

"Class, this is my new assistant, Issac Lahey. He may seem stupid, and puney and he might have spent some time in France on another team, and he might think he can replace Scott, but you should still treat him with the standard amount of respect. Alright, Poohey?" Coach introduced.

Isaac raised his eyebrows "That's not my name." At the look Coach gave him, Isaac rolled his eyes. "Thanks for the introduction, coach." He replied, monotone.

"Any time, Lahey. You -" Coach pointed at Mason, who looked like he was going to wet himself as he stood, out of place, in Lacrosse uniform, wearing number seven. "What are you doing?"

"I made a bet I could beat Liam, sir." Mason spoke surprisingly confidently. Coach turned his head to Isaac, who looked like he wanted to laugh.

"Keep an eye on this one, Lahey. You don't want someone to die on your watch do you?" Leaving with the rest of the team heading to the field.

"Oh don't worry, I'll do my best." Isaac replied with a smirk. Leaving a few moments later.

"I believe your word is... Intense." Theo spoke to Mason, patting him on the back as he, Corey and Liam laughed together, dragging Mason to the pitch.