Battle Of Hogwarts (3)

...Here we go. So sorry if there are any mistakes. I just wrote four stories and it's 2 am rn. I think I'm about to go crazy.

Battle Of Hogwarts (3)

I walked aimlessly around the corridors filled with memories. Past the destroyed great hall. Past the courtyard. Lost. I didn't know what to do or where to go. I continued to roam around the castle until I reached the Gryffindor common room. The fat lady was nowhere to be found, probably hiding from all the battle. I didn't enter the common room and waited for the stairs to rotate, just like the first adventure Harry and I had. The third floor still looked the same for no one stepped foot in it. I continued walking until I came across the mirror of erised. I vividly remember what I saw in it during my first-year. I was a quidditch player. That was young, cold, innocent me. Now in the mirror, all I see is Harry.

I stared at the mirror, at the smiling Harry Potter. He had no lightning scar on his forehead. He was just Harry. Just Harry in his seventh year. Nothing special about him. Just, Harry. The one that I fell in love with. The one I'll never be able to see anymore. I could just stay here and be delusional, pretend that he's really standing next to me smiling but that's not the truth and I can't be stuck in my imagination.

I picked up a fairly big rock that sat next to the mirror. I took one last look at the smiling Harry Potter before throwing the rock at it. It shattered into many pieces and even in the shattered pieces of glass, I could see Harry. He was on each piece of the mirror, still smiling at me. My heart sunk and an unbelieve amount of pressure pushed out of my eyes in tears. I fell onto my knees, on top of the shattered glass not caring about the pieces digging into my skin.

I picked up the largest piece of glass in reach. I could still see Harry's green eyes in it. The glass was digging into my hand and blood dripped onto the floor but I couldn't feel the pain. Maybe, just maybe, I could join him. I don't think I'm brave enough to continue. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath placing the piece of glass in front of my already broken heart.

"We'll share our last day," I whispered preparing myself.

"NO!"

Before I could stab the piece of glass into my chest, someone kicked it out of my hands. I looked back up to see Draco pulling me up to my feet and away from all the pieces of glass. My clothes were now covered with fresh blood that I'd bled just now.

"He's gone... He's gone Draco... I don't think I can continue," I whispered looking at him, trying to hold back the tears.

"Harry would not have wanted you to do this. It'll destroy him. It's kill him, a second time."

"Well what am I supposed to do?"

"The right thing to do. That's what you told me in the Astronomy Tower. You're just gonna give up like that? Harry sacrificed his life for everyone to live. For you to live. You're dishonoring him by doing this Evelyn."

I didn't reply. I couldn't find the right words to anyway. He was right. He died so everyone could live. So that I could live. "He promised to be with me until our last breath. He promised we'll watch each other grow."

"Some promises just... Can't be kept."

"It was my dream, my desire, my ONE wish. I've never wanted anything more. I didn't even wish that you-know-who would ever even consider having me to carry his heir. I didn't even wish that my mom would just out of nowhere become sane again. That was my one wish, it was a simple one. TO JUST BE HAPPY AND LIVE NORMALLY," I said feeling myself get angrier each word. I didn't bother trying to hide my tears now.

"I'm sorry," he said pulling me into a hug, "I'm sorry you ever had to go through any of this."

I was sobbing and was struggling to even breathe. I was holding on to him like he was the last thing left on Earth. He just stood there rubbing my hair as I cried into his shoulders. It felt like hours again until I could finally calm down and breathe.