Year 1-1 | Hogwarts

❝︎Aren't you supposed to be at beauxbatons?❞︎

01 : Hogwarts

I rolled my trolley inside platform 9 and three quarters. My mother still hasn't talked to me and it's been about a week. My father says she loves me, just very disappointed. I see a lot of people staring at me, maybe because I'm a Clermont or my outfit, a blue blouse and white skirts. My hair was in a ponytail with a blue ribbon on it.

I looked over at my father and gave him a big hug, then Fleur, then Gabrielle who was crying saying how much she'd miss me. I look over at my mother who seemed to have tears in her eyes. "Goodbye Mother," I said.

She looked down at me and knelt in front of me to my surprise. "Evelyn, you may have disappointed me so much and made my heartbreak but I still love you, dear, have a great year, and remember, you're a Clermont. Be polite, watch your manners, be elegant. I'll miss you so much," she said. She held back her tears and I remember her telling me crying is a sign of weakness. I nodded and hugged her back and climbed the Hogwarts Express.

I walked down the aisle and entered the nearest corridor with a girl that was already dressed in her robes sitting in it. She was adorable with her big frizzy brown hair and bangs.

"Can I sit here?" I ask knocking.

"Merlin's beard! You're Evelyn Clermont! Of course, you can sit here" The girl says happily. I smiled at her and sat down slowly across from her. She was slouched in her seat while I sat with my back straight. I remember back in my house when Madam Natalia, our 'manners teacher' would always slap my back telling me to keep it straight.

"I'm Hermione Granger! It's so nice to meet you!" She says holding her hand out with a huge grin on her face

"I'm Evelyn Clermont, a pleasure to meet you," I said, shaking her hand. "I don't remember hearing about a Granger family around here"

"That's because I'm a muggle born, you're a pure blood right? I've read about your family on the Daily Prophet!" I noticed how adorable the way she talked was. Her mouth would make very big movements and her eyes were bright. I remember hearing about the muggles, my mother doesn't really like them but I don't mind muggles. We're all witches and wizards anyway.

"Yes, I am," I nodded flashing her a smile. I liked her already, she was very bright and friendly.

Hermione was about to talk when there were 3 very small knocks on our compartment and a boy opened the door. He seemed terrified for some reason.

"H..Hell..o" he said very quietly "C..can I sit here..? All... t..the other seats were full..." He asked Hermione. Then his eyes met mine and his eyes widened. "Oh, I'm... Sorry! I didn't know you would be here! I'll go f..find somewhere else" he said

"Sure, you can sit here" I reply almost out of sympathy. He seemed like he had seen a ghost.

He walked in slowly sitting beside Hermione not closing the door behind him looking down at his feet.

"I'm Hermione Granger, nice to meet you!" Hermione said being the cheerful girl she is. "and you are?"

"N..neville.. Longbottom" He says playing with his fingers. Boy, he seemed terrified.

"My name is-"

"Evelyn Clermont.. I... I read about you" He interrupted. I looked at the poor boy and how his expressions changed when he saw me.

"Did the Daily Prophet say I was a terrible person or something?" I ask curiously wondering why he was so scared of me

"N..no! I just didn't think you would want to sit with me.. because you're a c...Clermont" He explained. I couldn't help but smile, he was so innocent and scared.