Year 2-2 | Defense Against Dark Arts

❝︎I'll make sure my father heard about this!!❞︎

2-2: Defense Against Dark Arts

"Say it, I'm doomed," Ron says taping his broken wand. Harry and Ron had told Hermione and I about how they couldn't get into the train station for some reason, getting on the flying bus and landing on the Whomping Willow thus breaking Ron's wand.

"You're doomed," I say while writing my notes for potions class.

"HI HARRY!" Before I could react, there was a sudden flash drawing attention to us. A small boy stood behind me pointing his camera towards Harry. I was quite used to camera flashes but that one caught me off guard. "I'm Collin Creevy! I'm Gryffindor too! Oh Hi, Evelyn!" Another flash directly in my face as he looks down towards me.

"Hi, Colin, nice to meet you," Harry says blinking the flash away.

"Ron, is that your owl?" A boy named Dean says. We all looked over at the screeching owl who lands on our table. It wasn't a great landing either, food went everywhere. It basically crashed, another flash from Colin.

"Bloody bird's a mess!" Ron says pulling out a red envelope from its beak as the Slytherin table starts to laugh. The owl gets back up looking at Hermione and I and flies away drawing all attention to Ron.

"Look everyone, Weasley's got himself a Howler!" Seamus chuckled along with the other boys.

"Go on Ron! I ignored one from my gram once, it was horrible!" Nevil said. He did not change a bit over the summer. Ron then proceeded to cautiously open the red envelope, his hands shaking a little.

"RONALD WEASLEY" He dropped the envelope in surprise which folded itself into a mouth. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!!"Ron nods with an absolutely terrified expression on his face. Poor him, everyone was staring at him. "Oh and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud" The voice tone of the howler suddenly changed ever so sweetly as it turned around to face Ginny and then back at Ron sticking its tongue out before ripping itself. I took a breath as people started to whisper among themselves. Ron looked terrible like he was going to be sick.

****

I was about to sit next to Harry and Ron's tables when Hermione pulled me over to the very front.

"We have to sit here Evelyn, we'll get a better look at Gilderoy Lockhart," She says exited. She's been telling me stories about him and how admirable he is. I do not see it at all, he's an egotistical con artist! I can't believe Dumbledore was stupid enough to hire him.

"Let me introduce you to your new defense against the dark arts teacher... me" The door swung open and the class went silent. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of merlin 3rd class.." 3rd class? That's the lowest there was. ".. Honorary member of 'The dark force defense league'.. and 5 times winner of Witch weekly's most charming smile award. But I don't talk about that, I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at it" He says as he lets out his 'award winning smile'. Hermione was practically melting over him while the boys in our class looked as disgusted as I was. He was so self-centered that it made me sick.

"Now! Be warned... It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to the wizardkind" He says tapping on some sort of cage that was covered with a cloak. Many of the students were startled when the mysterious cage started to shake. "You might find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befool you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream... IT MIGHT PROVOKE THEM!" My tense body started to relax as he took off the cloak of the mysterious cage to reveal Cornish Pixies.

"Cornish Pixies?" Seamus scoffed.

"Freshly caught Cornish Pixies" Seamus broke into laughter as well as a lot of other kids in this class.

"Laugh if you wish Mr. Finnigan, but pixies can he devilishly tricky little creatures. Let's see what you make of them" He says as he opens the cage letting all the pixies loose. The pixies were quick to bring chaos into the classroom, Hermione and I both yelp out of our seats throwing our books to the side. This man was nuts! Harry Hermione Ron and I all took cover behind our desks.

The classroom was chaotic with all the kids trying to run out and the pixies ripping apart textbooks. Two of the pixies even managed to pick Neville up and hang him by his cloak on the chandelier.

"Get off me!" I yelled as one of the pixies grabbed on to a strand of hair from my ponytail.

"Stop hold still!" Harry says as he grabs a textbook slapping the pixie off.

"Pesky Pixie Pesternomi!" Lockhart says pointing his wand at the Pixies, of course, nothing happens. Instead, a Pixie snatched his wand away from him and cuts the chain holding a skull sculpture of an ancient creature from the roof. As it crashes onto the floor Lockhart ran away and back up into his office.

"I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back in their cage," He says as he rushed back inside. I picked up a textbook to slap the pixies away as they swarmed around us.

"What do we do know?" Ron screams terrified.

Hermione quickly stands up whipping out her wand and pointing towards the sky. "IMMOBULIS!" she yelled. With those words, the pixies seemed to be floating in mid-air slowly. Finally, there was some silence in the room.

"Why is it always me?" Neville complains dangling from the roof. This was absolutely ridiculous? What did Dumbledore even see in this stupid man? I could be a better teacher than him are you kidding? I'll make sure my father heard about this!!

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)