Chapter 95: A Game of Hide and Seek

Hey, everyone! Happy New Year! Thank you so much for staying and supporting me on 2020 and I hope we'll continue to bond with each other this 2021 💕

My best wishes to a safe and great year for you and your family. May you achieve your goals, mapalove life or career man 'yan. Nyahahaha~

Btw, you can all call me Rie. 💞😊

-chapter ninety-five-

____________________

VESTA

'It's a hunt.'

Mabilis kong itinulak si Hiraeth papasok sa rooftop door, just in time to block Chaska's incoming arrows. Dent forms on the metal door as her sharp arrows hits it. 

Nagpatuloy kami ni Hiraeth sa pagtakbo. The building is six stories high, and the rooftop is immediately connected to the stairwell that has every entry door to the different floors. Hiraeth's hair dances as he continues to run, neck sweating and cheeks a bit flushed.

Isang kalabog mula sa ilalim ang kumuha sa atensiyon namin. Tumigil kami sa pagtakbo at naglean sa railings para makita kung saan nanggaling ang tunog. Nanlaki ang mata ko sa nakita and my heart began to beat erratically. We're currently situated in the stairwell connecting the fourth and third floor, and on running ferally on the first to second floor stairs is Luci. Her eyes blazing in fury as she glares at us and moving at a pace blessed to beasts.

"Fuck." mura ko. The distance between us and the third floor door is at average but Luci will catch up on us in no time. "We have to go back up."

Hiraeth only gave a nod and began moving. Sumunod ako sa kaniya. The fourth floor door is a more rational decision and would give us more time to get away from Luci. Or so I thought. Because the next thing I knew, Hiraeth turned to me with wide eyes as I clutched my stomach in pain. Napalingon ako sa likuran at nakita si Luci na dahan-dahang naglalakad papunta sa'min, gun pointed at me.

"Why the fuck are you protecting him, Vesta?" Luci growls and directs her aim at Hiraeth.

I clicked my tongue. The ten minute mark flashed on my upper right vision. I can't let it all go to waste now. All of our hardwork mula kanina ay mapupunta sa wala if they ever get to Hiraeth. I can't let that happen.

I won't let that happen.

I leaned back and kicked up my thighs, letting the bullets strapped onto it fly. Hinablot ko agad ito gamit ang bibig at mabilis na ikinarga sa baril. Luci's eyes widens at the fast reload and had little time to react before I fired a flashbang and smoke screen at her. Bright white light blinded us for seconds.

I reach out to Hiraeth's hands and drag him to the door that I visually remembers. Mabilis ko itong sinarhan at nilock. An empty storage room welcomed us. Boxes littered on the corner and shelves stands at each side of the wall, blocking every outside access. Cobwebs forms at every surface and dust gathered freely in the room. 

I leaned against the door, exhausted. Hiraeth is just staring at me as I slowly fell into a sitting position, head tucked above my knees.

How did it even go to this? Everything was going according to plan.

Twenty minutes ago, we thought everything was going well.

"Well, do you have a plan?" Hiraeth asked, calmly sitting on the abandoned house we found.

Napatingin ako sa kaniya. "...No." I answered honestly.

"Hmm... I expected you and the fox priest to be the ones who thinks of a plan before engaging in a battle."