Chapter 98: The Vain Blade of the Queen

Updating it today as a birthday gift to @thymetanoia. Another update tomorrow then every other day ulit. Medyo more emotional ang chapter na 'to, hahahaha. (‾◡◝)

-chapter ninety-eight-

____________________

SOLACE

"Give me your 100%. I'll be sure to break that pretty little face of yours."

I HAVE no idea if this is bad luck.

Mula highschool, I've been dragged on a series of fights and been threatened out of jealousy. The first time it happened, a few girls from my class cornered me after school for hanging out with River. They called me insulting names and tried to shame me in front of their idol. Who turned out to be my twin brother, so the girls were expelled.

River made me change schools after that - an all girls high school. Then in that new academy I was sent in, a girl confronted me for copying her hairstyle. She then proceeded to report me to the guidance council for "verbally abusing her". When I was questioned about my answers to her provocations, I recalled what truly happened.

Hinawi ko ang mahaba at matuwid na buhok paharap. Nakatingin siya sa'kin na may halong inis at galit. I frowned.

"I really, really hate your calm face! Akala mo ba nasa taas ka na ng lahat dahil diyan?! Kakapasok mo pa nga lang, you already copied my hairstyle!"

I sighed. "I told you I didn't. About half of the girls in this academy has a long and straight black hair. I don't even know you, nor have I heard of you or met you before. Why would I try to copy your hair? Idiot."

River had to change my schools once again. Sabay na kami doon and he never let me out of his sights. Acrasia and Rase became my only friends, with an Irusu who comes and goes as he pleases. There are still the heated glares and whispers, but it lessened when university happened.

Itinaas ko ang espada para icounter ang paparating na atake ni Reina. Her eyes glow in hatred, mouth curled in a snarl and her face scrunched between a frown and a sneer. I took a step back to overpower her flaring blue sword. Gold and blue clashed, light flickering and ice forming and breaking. 

Reina takes a step back, cape following her movements. Ipinuwesto niya muli sa harap ang espada at sinamaan ako ng tingin.

"You know what I hate most of all? Other than your undeserved fame and glory?" hindi ako sumagot kaya tumawa siya. "That." itinuro niya ang mukha ko. "That! I hate that so much! Ang kalmado mong mukha na parang wala kaming halaga sa'yo."

Muli siyang sumugod, heavy steps. She continued to spar her blade like a madwoman, driven only by fury. Her heavy steps, hard breaths and furious strikes makes reading her next attacks easier. Ibinalik ko ang lahat ng hinanakit niya. When she loses her balance for a second, I stepped forward and lunges my sword on her stomach.

And the queen, in her hazy state, still manages to parry my strike, forcing her blade down to mine.

"Siguro nga wala kang pake 'no?" Reina snarls. "Bakit ikaw pa? You have the beauty, the friends and that power! Hindi ba masyado namang unfair niyan? What about us who had to work so hard-!"

I duck as her sword swings above me, ice droplets freezing the floor and sharp blade cutting off the ring corner.

"I had to work for everything! I had to sacrifice a lot of things! Back there, I had to quit school for two years in order to pursue my dreams! Because we don't have the power and the money, the talent and the beauty, like you do-"