Chapter 81: The Red Circle

third person point of view na dapat sa chapter 80 pero sleep-deprived si otor kaya nilipat niya na lang sa eytewan.

-chapter eighty-one-
____________________

'there is still the problem of whether the slayer is a cheater.'

"GOOD EVENING, dear players and viewers! We are currently broadcasting live on Oh-tube, G-Twitch, Disbord and in the Arth official site. Today is the mark of the bloodiest event in Arth! The beginning of Blood Brawls! I am Gyno, your announcer. With me is my co-host, Palenne, a game theorist and blogger. Mr. Escov has also graced us with his presence since the vice chairman is not available. He handles and manages the game design for most of the products launched by Life Industries!"

"Good afternoon. It is my pleasure to be here with you all. I'm looking forward to the progress of the event."

"We look forward to any insights you have, Mr. Escov. Let's get to the event, people, shall we? Blood Brawls will be the first event and the opening for Arth Online: Grand Quest. It will be a showdown for the three classes that won the vote last poll. A showdown of fighters, rogues and rangers!"

"Tama, partner. People are really excited to witness some action. Kaya naman hindi na rin makapaghintay ang mga tao sa comment box to start the event! Huwag kayong mag-alala, we have a few minutes to give our players time to prepare."

"The first showdown will be among fighters, the bloodthirsty warriors and graceful dancers will wage war on the battlefield. Everyone, we welcome you to Combat Arena!"

The thousand of screens in the real world and ingame changed - from the three persons who are hosting the event to a huge stage in a platform. Ang mga players na nasa Southern Continent ay nakikita ito ng harapan.

The stage is not empty, instead two hundred players stood atop of it. Each of them are equipped with medium level armor and a regular knife. Each of them shows dominance and determination. Each of them are striving to win.

"I can see that a lot of you are now confused. Yes, yes. We know the rules, don't worry. The Combat Arena is a one-on-one showdown where they must show their strengths until the other dies. Kaya naman bakit ang 256 participants ay nasa iisang stage, Mr. Escov?"

"The main battle is yet to start, Gyno. The fighters are tested through their strength, defenses, patience and determination. These four are witnessed from their preliminary quest. Now, players have to add another element, which is survivability. On these round, the players are given a total of thirty minutes to eliminate each other. Elimination can mean death, surrender or being pushed out of the red line."

"Naku! So before the true showdown starts, we will have a bloody battle! Players, do you see the red line that sorrounds the stage?"

Napatingin ang lahat doon. Well, except sa mga nasa gitna dahil hindi talaga nila ito makikita. Kaya naman nagre-rely na lang sila sa kanilang imagination.

"Bakit ba ang many ng pakulo nitong mga host na 'to?" Minerva asked, annoyed. Maingay niyang pinapadyak ang paa. "Hindi ba pwedeng magsimula na lang sila sa killing na 'yan?"

"They're just reducing the possible players for the team and evening them out. Having two-hundred fifty-six players face each other will take a lot of time." paliwanag ni Hex.