ten

✺✺✺
Ten: Fight or Flight

✺✺✺Liv could feel the warmth of a hand on her face, a feeling she had almost forgotten

✺✺✺
Liv could feel the warmth of a hand on her face, a feeling she had almost forgotten. It was a comfort she could no longer afford; a luxury not meant for her to enjoy. But she could find herself reminding her own of what she was missing in the silence of the dark, when peace had overtaken her eyes and there was nothing else to do but imagine.

She nearly melted at it's touch, being held sparking such a foreign feeling. It was then she allowed herself to think about how much she missed it. Not just that, but the soft kisses trailing down her neck, the fingers grabbing at her hips to stifle any space left between. The soft, low hum of contentment coming from another pair of lips, one that seemed to be aching for more of her.

The pad of their thumb trailed from her chin down her neck, and she couldn't stop herself from basking in the feeling of fiery heat, the feeling like every moment had led up to that very encounter. Lips tugged at her ear, before finding enjoyment in the strait of her jawline. It was perfect; it was all so perfect, felt so natural, so right. If she hadn't been so adamant on denying herself the pleasures of a new love, she would've wondered who could ever make her feel this way.

Large, rough hands captured the back of her head, pulling her closer in a tangle of hair to plant a deep, lengthy kiss on her lips, demanding all of her attention with the way that it craved her. Once, finally letting go, Liv was left only breathless.

"Aaron..."

She woke up to the sound of her phone ringing, not even giving her the chance to ponder what the hell her mind had just shown her. "This is Tate." She answered, her voice scratchy from sleep and surprise.

"Rise and shine my queen, long night?" Garcia mused from the other side of the line with a smile Liv could hear. "You'll have to tell me who he is."

"Garcia." Liv heard Hotch's voice chime in, obviously telling her to get to the point.

Please tell me this isn't happening.

"Right, we have a case and we need everyone in the briefing room as soon as possible."

Liv rubbed her eyes in panic before throwing her sheets off of her, her feet landing her on the cold floor and in a flurry. "Yeah, right, I'll be there soon."

She threw a sweater over herself, frantically smoothing her hair over, only stopping for a moment to catch a glimpse of her reflection. Frankly, she looked crazy. She shook every thought of her sleep from her mind, before throwing her things together and slipping out of the door.

"The cool thing about Halloween is that it's a uniquely American holiday. I mean despite it's obvious origins in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian All Saints Day, it really is a melting pot of various immigrants traditions and beliefs." Reid rambled as he walked along side Liv to the briefing room. She sighed tiredly, though it wasn't from his talking rather, her little gym session with Morgan the other day wore her out good. He was right though; it did help. Especially when her precious possession never turned up after turning her house upside down. That and she never had the chance to fully wake up, but at that point in the morning, she had already forbade herself from pondering on it.