twenty two

✺✺✺
Twenty Two: I Don't Believe It Is
✺✺✺

✺✺✺Twenty Two: I Don't Believe It Is✺✺✺

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

✺✺✺

"Well look who's finally back, huh?" Morgan said with a smirk, passing Liv on the way to the elevators. They were just about to leave for their case, the case Liv had agreed to be her last. She smiled back at him, giving no response in return. She hadn't exactly told anybody, except for Hotch at this point, that she was transferring. Apparently, Hotch hadn't either.

Syracuse, New York was their next destination. She still wasn't completely sure why she had agreed to this at all, but a part of her was a little too afraid to know. She was sure whatever the reason was, it wasn't for professional motives. As the doors slid shut with the whole team on the elevator, navigating their way to the jet, she noted it as one more reason she was sure that leaving was the right choice.

She could feel Hotch's eyes on her from her left as Morgan made more joking comments about her return, saying something about how he just knew she couldn't stand being away from him for any longer. Liv shot back with her usual playfulness, the energy in her voice dissipating the moment she turned back towards the elevator doors, catching Hotch's gaze. It lacked it's usual stoicism. She didn't linger. The last thing she needed was anyone else trying to convince her to stay. If the team were already aware of her decision, she knew that is exactly what would happen.

The moment they were on the jet, the playful banter quit and the case details were spilled. The case they were flying out for then was not the only one; it had reopened a case that had gone cold four months prior. Another girl, the same as the one who had recently been reported missing, and both students at the same university.

"Garcia still hasn't found any overlap between Molly and the girl from four months ago." Morgan said has he slipped his phone back into his pocket, coming from the other side of the plane. Naturally, he was the first one Garcia called. The rest of the team stared back at the files before them, hoping their eyes would catch something Garcia's didn't. Only it was a wasted effort, because if Garcia couldn't find something, it was doubtful anyone else could.

"They seem to follow the unsubs M.O. just the same, though." Liv spoke out loud. She looked at the two pictures of the girl they had been given. Same age, same school, same body type even.

"What are you thinking?" Hotch piped up in return, and when she peered over the edge of her manila folder, he was watching her with the same amount of intention that would almost make her think he was leaving the whole case up to her. Given his cold behavior right before she made her decision to transfer, it was an effort that she couldn't help but notice. Even if it were her impending transfer that made him suddenly tune into her existence again, she was going to use the opportunity to prove her usefulness regardless. Her decision wasn't changing.

"They both shy away from the camera, their body language clearly shows neither of them are assertive or confident."

"Both easily overpowered and controlled." He nodded in agreement, seeming satisfied with her answer.

Reflection • a. hotchnerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें