two

Two: You Can Just Call Me Hotch
✺✺✺

Two: You Can Just Call Me Hotch✺✺✺

✺✺✺

The case was not going well. The parents of Aimee were accusing Reid and Morgan of giving up on their daughter, just because time was running out. A woman had insisted on speaking to JJ, claiming that her son was taken by the same people eight years ago, which was sparking controversy on whether or not their was any validity to the claim within the team. Garcia had kept them updated on all the abductions in the area in the past year, which was mildly horrifying to think about how much more common it was than people chose to believe. Hundreds of kids just one day disappear, and are never found again, not even as a corpse. Everyone was growing increasingly frustrated at the pace in which the investigation was moving so far, including Liv, who couldn't help but pinch the bridge of her nose and rack her brain for any possibility she had not yet considered.

"Look we all think that Aimee could be alive, no ones given up on her. That's why there hundreds of volunteers and officers combing every inch of the county." Agent Hotchner said in frustration. His expression didn't change much, but anybody could hear the rising annoyance in his tone.

"But they're dragging the rivers and digging up the woods. That's not gonna help us if Aimee is still with the unsub, if she's still alive out there." Prentiss reasoned. She was right. If they where pushing the agenda that Aimee is still with whoever took her, why were they already planning to poor girls funeral?

"What about Charlie, is he still alive?" Morgan interjected, with more caution in his tone than anybody else had. Charlie was the son of the woman who claimed the same people took eight years prior, though according to JJ, that was not the first time the woman has claimed something like that.

"Sarah believes it." JJ said. Liv had to admit, if anyone was valid in deciding to investigate this woman's claim further, it was JJ, who had supposedly been dealing with this woman with every abduction case in the area.

"Eight years shes been saying the same thing JJ. Have you thought about why you suddenly believe her? Do you think it might be because you're a mother?" Morgan asked, a hurt look registering on JJ's face. There was a tense feeling spreading through the team, and Reid started fidgeting with his hands. It seemed the people in the room who were most baffled by a comment like that were all three women, Prentiss and Liv exchanging a look of disbelief.

"It's because another woman just walked in here with the exact same ruse used 8 years ago. I can't deny that. Can you?" JJ defended quickly. Hotchners eyes followed in between the two, surveying the tension and letting them both speak their concerns.

"All I'm saying is, if we go from a single abduction to multiple abductions over 10 years, that changes everything. We all have to be convinced that's what it is, based on an unbiased profile." Morgan declared. As charming as his smile was, Liv was not a fan of what he was implying. She never was particularly good at keeping her mouth shut either, and questioning if JJ was being overly emotional was distracting them from the actual case, which only frustrated her more.