Chapter 8

They arrived at the club and found the others easily. Shelby winked at the bouncer and he waved her over. He bent down to her ear and they exchanged looks with some heated words. Apparently he was one of the numbers she had gotten.

Inside was an overabundance of writhing bodies and flashing lights. The club was full to the brim it seemed. There was a large balcony overlooking the dance floor. There were two bars at the bottom and another at the top. She had to admit it was impressive.

They headed straight to the top section to see if they could snag a much coveted table or couch. Two guys waved them over. Shelby waved to them in recognition. "Mark! I am surprised to see you here again." She practically ran over to the table. She hugged him and turned to introduce everyone. The other guy immediately set to talking to Kendra. Megan and Emmaline turned to grin at one another. They knew how the night was going to play out. They took the 1st turn grabbing drinks.

Emmaline hated to admit it but she was actually enjoying herself. They danced near the table and continued to have fun for another hour. She couldn't quite shake the feeling she was being watched though. Her power was still under her skin. She took another drink, trying to ignore it.

......

Isaac couldn't help himself. All week his companions had been trying to distract him. His thoughts kept going to Emmaline. It was bordering on obsession. He had snuck away and checked on her already a few times. He had no word from Corbin but had noticed a witch nearby her job one day. He had made sure to stay out of sight and far enough away that he would not be sensed.

Why were they watching her? They never approached her or got close. His unease grew. Something wasn't right. They should have reached out to her by now.

John interrupted his thoughts as he finished getting dressed. "Are you going to spy on the witch again?" He asked leaning against the door.

Isaac sighed, knowing there was no use in lying. "Yes."

"You are playing a dangerous game friend." John shook his head, censure evident on his face. "There are consequences to face if you continue this. Why? Why Her?"

Isaac grabbed his usual black sports jacket. "Honestly I have no idea why it is her. I can't seem to distance myself no matter how much I try. I am drawn to her. We have had such a brief interaction and yet I still crave more."

John regarded him seriously and spoke low. "Do you think she could be your mate?"

Isaac froze. The thought had not crossed his mind. "It is not possible. I do not recall mates occurring across the species." He shook his head, trying to drive away the hope blossoming. "She is a curiosity. Something is drawing me but it is not that."

Smiling at his friends denial, John spoke. "We will come with you on tonight's quest." He held up his hand before Isaac could protest. "Let us see her for ourselves. Maybe something attracts all of us? Maybe she is some type of magnet. Who knows?"

Isaac considered him. "True. I have not considered that angle. Perhaps you are right."

John smirked as they began walking into the living room. "Plus this way we can keep you out of trouble..."

......

They watched Emmaline's apartment from a distance in Isaac's car. They had noticed two witches watching the entrance as well.

"Most unusual." John said gravely. "This doesn't feel right."

"Exactly! We look like damn stalkers! This is not how I wanted to spend the night." Nathaniel whined.

Both ignored him. "I have noticed one watching her before. Why have they not approached her?" Isaac mused.

Just then, Emmaline stepped out. She looked beautiful. She was obviously dressed to go out. She looked quite the contrast to her friend in the car who looked like a disco ball. She was naturally beautiful. Isaac felt heat spread over his skin.

 She paused and looked around. Their Revenant sight saw her shiver before she rushed inside the vehicle. "Do you think she sensed us or the other witches?" John asked.

The vehicle with the witches quickly started with the obvious intent to follow her. Isaac started his own car as well. He turned to his friends. "I intend to find out."

.....

Isaac groaned inwardly. A nightclub. It had to be a nightclub. He had no desire to be trapped in an overcrowded building with sweating, sexed up humans. Nathaniel on the other hand was nearly shaking with excitement. John remained neutral though Isaac knew this wasn't his ideal situation either.

They headed to the front, the bouncer looking at them briefly before nodding them in.

God it was worse than he thought. Alcohol, sweat and sex surrounded them along a backdrop of neon lights. He almost turned his back until he felt a familiar tingle. He looked around and saw the two witches looking in his direction as well. They had sensed each other.

One was a large burly man with danger written all over. The other was a slender black woman with piercing green eyes. They stared for a moment, tensions rising across the room.

Isaac nodded his head, acknowledging their presence and headed to find an area against the wall, away from the masses and witches.

"Get ahold of yourself Nathaniel. You act as if you have never seen this behavior before." John scoffed.

Nathaniel grinned at a blonde woman nearby obviously enticing him to dance. "Sorry lads, stalker duty is not my calling." He winked and headed into the crowd.

John and Isaac smirked at one another. The music was loud but they could still hear due to their abilities. "Where is your witch? I know it is not the one with the other male." John said looking around.

Isaac began searching the crowd as well. He noticed the male witch was watching above them at the second level. His attention turned upwards.

His breath caught as he saw her. She was dancing at the table with a group of women and two men.

Her hips swayed to the music as she laughed with a girl next to her. She moved naturally,  not forcing it. He felt heat rising along his skin.

John felt the change in Issac and looked in the direction his attention was. He was watching a woman in an olive green skirt and black top. She was a natural beauty but nothing about her stood out to him. He did however sense her magic all the way from here. Her magic was untamed and powerful.

"I see your witch." John turned to Isaac. Isaac tore his gaze away.

"And? Do you feel anything?" Isaac didn't know if he wanted his friend to feel this draw or not. It would give him relief and closure on one hand but another large part of him didn't want to share this feeling.

"I believe my initial ponderings have merit. You are obviously effected by her." John grinned at the relief Isaac tried to hide. "I feel her magic and it is indeed powerful for one untrained,  but other than that I feel no draw."

Isaac's eyes diverted back to her. "It is impossible, is it not? I have not come across this before in my dealings or discussions with the other species." He watched as she continued dancing, her hips swaying to the rhythm. His blood began to pulse.

John shook his head. "Nor have I, but you know as well as I, the world around us is ever changing. Perhaps this is a new age..."

.......

Emmaline's friends were urging her to follow them downstairs to dance. She preferred dancing here. Once in a crowd, some guy always assumed any woman dancing was inviting a partner.

"Come on I want to dance down there under the lights! Come on guys!" Megan pulled and grinned at them. Everyone agreed to abandon their table. The drinks had been flowing already. She felt a buzz beginning, chasing her  shivers away. Emmaline took her last shot and smiled. They headed downstairs just as a new song started. The club erupted into hollars as the popular song began.

Emmaline grinned and began dancing with Megan, hoping to deter the guys around her. Her hopes were quickly dashed as a man began dancing on the other side of Megan and she encouraged him. Her face fell. Ugh, what now?

Suddenly she felt warmth spread along her body. She knew he was here...Isaac...

She turned and he was next to her....