17. Late night games and early morning car rides

Luca's P.O.V.

No! Jam it! I died again!

How can I not make it through this stupid level! Darksiders is such an awesome game but I suck at it. I need to just stick to my usual games. Or become better at this. It's just embarrassing.

I can see Phoenix laughing in my peripheral vision at my terrible skills.

We're both sitting on my bed and she's watching me play my video games again. We seem to do this a lot. We've been here since we got home.

After we left Bentley's, neither of us would choose somewhere to go, so we just went home. And that seemed fine until I realized how bad I am at this game. I should choose things I'm good at when I'm around her. I want her to see I don't suck at ALL video games. Only some.

"Damn it!" I throw the PS4 controller and lean back against the wall, closing my eyes. I died again...

The bed creaks slightly and Phoenix moves closer to me. To my surprise she ends up straddling me. She leans froward and kisses my neck, making me shiver slightly.

I open my eyes to find her looking at me.

"You know you're adorable when you're frustrated?" She smiles sweetly.

I put my hands on her hips. "And you're adorable when you're in my lap." I smirk.

She rolls her eyes. "I love when you ruin sweet moments with that devious smirk of yours. I can see what you're thinking about. Stop mentally undressing me."

I wasn't doing that at all... But I am now.

"Fine. Fine. I'll stop doing it mentally. But How about you let me do it physically if I can't do it mentally?" I raise my eyebrows.

"You're hilarious." She says sarcastically and rolls back over to her side of the bed. "I'll get the controller." She sighs.

She picks up the black controller and tosses it back to me. I catch it easily and turn my attention back to the TV as Nix crawls onto the bed next to me.

We sit in silence (aside from my occasional distressed 'no's and 'aww's) for the next hour, falling back into our routine of her just watching me play and me getting angry at the game.

Hours pass and I loose track of time. Before long, my mother's calling us down for dinner.

"Were we really up here that long?" Phoenix looks surprised as she climbs out of the bed an heads towards the door.

I follow after a few seconds. "I guess we were. I hadn't even noticed..."

"I think you played that game for at least seven hours..." She giggles.

"What's so funny about that?"

"You're still on the same level now as when you started." She tries to hold back a snicker.

"You're just mean. You didn't have to point it out." I fake hurt. "Really hurting my pride, Darling."

"Yeah. I kinda did have to point it out. Remember? It's cute when you're frustrated. Come on." She starts down the stairs.

"I don't wanna go down there though..." I whine and tug on her arm lightly. "My parents will drop hints about us the entire time until we tell them everything! How we're together and how it happened and when it was official. I don't want to talk to them about us!"

"You'll just have to suffer through it." She doesn't even stop to consider not going to dinner. "And plus, dinner involves food. And I'm hungry!"

"You're always hungry."