26. Numb

Phoenix's P.O.V.

A few days had passed since our engagement. Lucas and I had managed to get everyone to keep it a secret for a while until we figured out how to tell the Stone parents. Lucas' best idea was to elope. I laughed it off at first because I thought he was kidding. He was not kidding. He just stared at me when I started laughing and then told me he was serious. He honestly wanted nothing to do with fancy clothes and a big wedding. That made me so happy. I could feel all the stress and nerves slip away. I never wanted a big wedding but I figured Lucas was the kind of guy who would want one. I hated the idea of a white dress and tons of people staring at me. When I was younger, I swore to my aunt Claire that I would wear a black tux on my wedding day.

Right now, Lucas and I are sitting on the couch in the living room watching a movie at about nine PM on a Friday night. We were more like throwing popcorn into each other's mouths and ignoring the movie. I laughed as Lucas caught a piece but fell off the couch in the process. I'd been laughing with him for so long, my lungs were practically on fire from the strain it took to breathe.

Lucas landed on the carpeted flooring with a rather loud thud. I heard him groan, which only made me laugh harder. "Princessa..." he said, looking at me, a fake pout taking over his facial features.

"What, Love?" I asked through the giggles.

"I've got a boo boo, can you kiss it?" He stuck out his bottom lip and showed me his elbow, still laying on his back on the floor.

That only sent me into even more of a fit of laughter. He sat up, not loosing his puppy dog look. I assumed he was getting up to sit back on the couch. I should've known better. After all, assume does start with ass.

He jumped up and started tickling me! "Quit tickling me, ass!" I choked out through the laughter. He was above me in seconds with his hands on my sides, making me giggle even more. I didn't even think it was possible to be this happy while just sitting on a couch eating popcorn.

"if you two are fooling around, tell me now so I can get the hell out of here." Nate said, covering his eyes with his hand as he came down the staircase.

"We're not, idiot." Lucas took a seat beside me, allowing me to have oxygen again.

Nate reached the bottom of the stairs, peeking through his fingers, cautiously, before removing his hand. "Thank god, because walking in on my brother having sex with his fiancée is not on my bucket list of things to do."  And then the screaming started.

Mrs. Stone came running into the room, "FIANCÉE?! EEEEEEE!!" She comes straight towards me, crushing me in a hug.

Well I guess we've figured out how to tell her. At least how to accidentally tell her.

"I want to know everything!" She yells to both of us. I watch Lucas send a glare to the slowly retreating figure of Nate. I guess both boys are scared of their mother like this. I smile at the thought.

So we sat on the couch and retold the short story of our impulsive engagement. The entire time, Mrs. Stone stared at us, her eyes twinkling. When Lucas finished telling the story, she hugged us both.

"Congratulations!" She says to both of us.

"Thank you, Mrs. Stone." I smile at her excitedness.

"We need to plan!" She starts but Lucas interrupts.

"Mom, we're not going to have a big wedding. If I'm being honest, the biggest thing I want to do is go to Vegas." He said and then looked to me.

"Vegas." I repeated, thinking about it before looking at him, "I like it." I smiled.