11. Lies

THIS CHAPTER ISNT GOING TO MAKE SENSE YET BECAUSE THE PLOT HAS NOT BEEN REWRITTEN HERE YET. So please excuse the major plot errors from here on out. I'm in the process of fixing it all. Thanks for your understanding!

Nix's P.O.V.

When Luca came in my room this morning and caught me dancing... I think I was more red than a tomato. I know we have a dance coming up and I know I'm going to be forced to go by Emily, so i wanted to be prepared just in case Bentley makes me dance or something. I already suck at dancing. I need all the practice I can get.

I'm digging through the closet looking for my converse, although I'm pretty sure they disappeared into thin air. I swear I didn't lose them.

Ah! There they are! The back corner of the closet. I shoved them on and rushed downstairs with my shoulder bag and jacket in my hands. I'm so late! Stupid shoes!

I grab a quick granola bar and say a goodbye to Mrs. Stone as I throw my jacket on. With my bag over my shoulder and jacket on I rush out the doorway. Ripping off the wrapper of the granola bar I stick it in my mouth and with my one free hand that isn't holding my shoulder bag on me, I fish through my pockets for the keys to Rayne.

I unlock the car and throw myself in, starting the car instantly. 8:30am. I'm soooooo late!

5 minutes later I'm parking my car in the school parking lot. By the time I got inside, i had already missed an entire class. And to think, it was because of my stupid shoes.

-

Tick tick tick tick

Why do I sit next to the clock? I'm in biology class and I'm starving! One granola bar is not enough. I can hear my stomach grumbling.

Lunch lunch lunch lunch...

I'm not even paying attention to my teacher when the bell makes me jump. Finally! I can eat! I stand trying to act as normal as I can while feeling like my stomach is going I eat itself.

I fast walk through the halls as Luca and Nate walk out of a class room to my left.

"Wait up Phoenix!" Nate calls out from a few yards behind me.

Dang I was hoping to go by unnoticed.

I spin around. "Hurry up." I say impatiently.

"PMS much?" Nate laughs and I whack him on the back of the head.

"Dang girl! I think you've been spending to much time with us..." He's referring to the slap. I watch them do it to each other all the time. It's hilarious to be honest.

"I certainly have." I say with a laugh.

"What're you doing after school?" Luca asks as we walk to the lunchroom.

"Nothing that I can think of for sure. Why?"

"We're headed to a pizza place downtown later if you wanna come." Luca runs his hand through his hair nervously. He's really got to stop doing that. It gets my attention every time. It's like he's purposely teasing me.

"Maybe. I'll text you and see. Bentley said something about possible wanting to do something this afternoon but he wasn't sure. I get the feeling that if he does want to do something, I'll have no choice in the matter." I laugh and so do they, knowing it's completely true. They may not have known Bentley for long, but his personality is easily known and very predictable.

"Sure." I can't tell if that was a slightly disappointed sure or not. I'm probably just imagining things.

Our lunch sign reads: