15. Family

I had to re-write this over and over again. Sorry if you ended up getting caught in all my writers mistakes and the confusion of this chapter. Please forgive me. I'm not normally that clumsy with mixups. If you didn't get caught up in it then sorry for making you read such a long a authors note. Lol

~ Nyx S.

Luca's P.O.V.

I laid with Phoenix for a few hours, just playing with her hair. Her eyes were closed but I knew she was awake. Neither of us wanted to move.

Earlier when she was speaking of a turning page in her life I had meant to just tell her I loved her but the words started spilling out and when I was finished, I hadn't even said half of what I had wanted to.

Footsteps walking down the hall jolt me out of my thoughts. There's a knock at my door.

"Luca..." It's Nate. Phoenix jumps up, looking startled.

"Please don't tell him I'm in here..." She whispers and runs into my closet.

"What do you want, Nate?" I grumble. I was perfectly happy spending my entire Sunday resting with Phoenix.

He just walks right in. "It's about time you get up. Yeah, she's gone. But she'll come back. So get up!" And he leaves the room.

Phoenix walks back out.

"Why'd you leave? Something wrong with him knowing you're back?" I ask her.

"No... Umm... I just didn't want him to find out about us like that."

"Why?"

"So, you're saying you want your brother to walk in on us in bed together when you're not wearing a shirt and I'm in my underwear. Yeah, that sounds like the perfect way to tell your brother we're in love." She says sarcastically.

"When you put it that way..." I guess it makes sense. And not to mention my tattoo I'd like to keep a secret.

Phoenix walks into my bathroom, leaving me to change.

☕️☕️☕️

•Phoenix•

All that really happened. Oh my God that was real. Luca's in love with me and I'm in love with him.

I stare into the mirror at myself. I'm a mess but in a good way. I run a hand through my thick hair, trying to make sense of all that had just happened.

I promised myself that after Cody, I would never fall in love again. No one would break my shell. Yet Luca did. And he did it in less than a week.

I exit the bathroom to find him in jeans and a black t-shirt. His aviators are in his hand along with a leather jacket.

"I got a text from Emily. She said I had to meet her, Nate, Mason, and Jake at her house. Oh, and that reminds me, here's your phone." Luca holds my phone out to me. "Go get dressed, kitten." He kisses my forehead before I leave his room. In my hands are my phone and his Lettermans jacket.

I enter my room for the first time since I disappeared. Everything's the same except there's a realistic stuffed animal wolf sitting on my bed with a note. The plush toy is super soft and adorable. I pick up the crinkled paper and unfold it carefully.

Dear Princessa,

I'm so sorry for what I did... I hope you can forgive me. But if you don't, please still keep the wolf.

~Luca

P.S. I Love You...

I smile and put the wolf on my pillow, he must have seen my old wolf plushie and known that I liked wolves.