Chapter 45: Stay Strong For Her

"Jayson, please listen to me. It's not what you think",I finally caught up with him just as he opened the car door.

I'm really going to need a proper and super long warm water and foot massage after tonight

"Just leave me alone Kayra",he said in his silent but firm tone

"No, Jayson you're getting it wrong. He kissed me,I didn't even know he was the one,my eyes were closed,he held my face"

What I was saying probably didn't make any sense to him but I just hope he understands and he trusts me

"Look Kayra, I'm very tired. I just want to go home and rest. I'm not in the mood for any explanations",my face fell.

Would I be overreacting if I said I felt like crying? Because I really did feel like crying at that moment.

Even though my mind couldn't produce any coherent sentence to say to him,I still decided to try but it was no use because immediately I said,"But.....",he entered the car and shut the door so hard it could have broken. Then,he drove off leaving me standing there confused as to what to do next.

I went back to the homecoming dance to look for Stephanie and tell her what happened. She has to know, before someone else tells her and things get messed up.

I found her at one of the seats sipping on some soda.

"Hey", I said

"Hey. Where were you?"

"Just getting some air outside"

"Um okay"

"Steph,I need to tell you something"

"Okay..... What is it?"

"Gale kissed me"

"Gale did what?"

"He kissed me, while I was catching my breath outside. He turned me around swiftly and kissed me. It happened all of a sudden so I didn't even know it was him"

"Oh that filthy son of a..."

"Steph",I cut her cussing off, "That's not the main issue"

"Then what is"

"Jayson saw us,I mean him. Wait,me? I don't know but he saw and now I think he's mad or something."

"Oh no"

I sighed

"So what are you gonna do now?"

"I don't know, Stephanie"

"Where's Jayson?"

He left. He said he was tired and he was going home to rest.

"Well,you should do same. We'll deal with Gale later"

"Alright alright"

"Sit here, I'll go find us a ride home"

She came back a few minutes later. "Carlos has agreed to drive us."

"Nice"

****
I was currently sitting cross-legged on my bed,in my PJs and staring into space. I didn't know whether to call Jayson or wait for him to call me. Whatever happened wasn't my fault and he needs to understand that. Didn't he hear what happened between Stephanie and Gale? So why would I kiss my best friend's ex boyfriend intentionally? Everyone knows it's against girl code.

It was already very late so I decided to send a text and go to sleep. I reached for my phone which was lying on my bedside table and opened the messaging app. After searching for Jayson's name,I typed: