Chapter 32: Are You Two Together?

It was Monday morning. My alarm woke me up so I freshened up quickly and joined my mom for breakfast. Dad had left already,as usual so it was just my mother who was on afternoon shift today.

"Morning Mom",I greeted her.

"Good morning sweetie. How was your night?"

"Good"

"That's good to hear. Here,I made some pancakes,have some."

"Looks good." I helped myself to some of her mouthwatering pancakes. They were amazing as always.

When I was done,I washed my plate,thanked her for breakfast and left the house to go pick Stephanie up.

"Hey girl,"she greeted when she got in the front seat.

"How you doing?"

"I'm okay. You?"

"I'm good."

"Cool. I'm set, let's go."

After that little chat,the rest of the ride was mostly in silence except for the music that was playing from the radio.

"I'll meet you at your locker,"I said to her when we got to school and I opened my locker.

"Sure"

Just before she left to go to hers, Kingsley passed by us.

"Hey Kayra. Hey Stephanie",he greeted.

"Hey",I said at the same time Stephanie said,"Oh hello Kingsley."

He then smiled at us and walked passed us. Stephanie wiggled her eyebrows at me and I nudged her playfully. I already told her what happened at the beach so she knew he still likes me.

"We're going to be late to class,go get your books",I said to change the topic.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever",she sang and I shook my head before we walked to her locker.

***Lunchtime***

"So you still won't give Kingsley a chance?" Stephanie asked me as we were eating.

"Steph,I told you already. I don't like him that way. Agreeing to date him will only lead him on and it's going to be like I'm playing him which will end up with me breaking his heart because eventually I would have to end it."

"That's what you said but I still think there's another reason you don't want to go out with him. There's something you're not telling me."

"No,there's nothing. That is the reason."

"Or I know!",she gasped.

"What?"

"You like someone."

What the fuck? How does she know?!

"Stephanie"

"Kayra, admit it. You like someone, don't you?"

Well, I guess I have to tell her. She's my best friend,I can't lie to her.

"Alright fine."

"Oh my gosh,I knew it! Who is it?"

"Stephanie,calm down"

"Wait,is it Kelvin? Or I bet it's that cute guy in Phys Ed, what's his name? Jeremy."

"Stephanie"

"It's Jeremy, right."

"No,it's not him."

"Then who?"

I sighed,"Jayson."

"Holy cow,you have a crush on Jayson Bradshaw?!"