[15] Max Verstappen x Charles Leclerc

[15] "Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand
Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder
But how could I hate her, she's such an angel
But then again, kinda wish she were dead"
- Heather by Conan Gray

---

Max slammed the door shut behind him and collapsed onto the small couch in this driver's room.
He just wanted to be alone now. Not see or hear from anyone. He didn't want to think about his stupid heart and the stupid pain it caused him anymore.

He had always known it would be difficult to hide his sexuality and his relationship. He had also known that it would be connected to a lot of sadness and pain. But he'd never expected it to be this hard.

Not being able to just walk over to his boyfriend and hug or kiss him whenever he wanted was not ideal. But having to watch Charles hugging and kissing someone else all the time was just too much. Even when he knew it was fake.

Max really liked Charlotte. She was very nice and they got along pretty well. But when he saw her with Charles, there was suddenly so much hatred inside him. He couldn't help but just wish she didn't exist in those moments.

Max only noticed that there were tears slowly trickling down his cheeks when a knock at the door interrupted his dark thoughts. He hoped if he ignored it, the person would just go away again and leave him alone.

However, instead of leaving, Charles knocked again and then simply opened the door when he still didn't receive an answer. He knew Max was in there. He had seen him storm off in this direction.

Taking a quick look around the small room, the Monegasque found his boyfriend curled up on the sofa in the corner. Max didn't look up as he walked over and sat down beside him. He kept his face hidden in the pillows.

"Max", Charles whispered and softly rested his hand on the others back, feeling the unregular movements the other made, while trying not to make any noise with his sobbing.
"Please don't hide from me, mon amour. I know it's horrible, but please don't shut me out.", he murmured, clearly feeling and sharing Max' pain.

He heard Max sniff and then he slowly raised his head, looking up at him with tears in his eyes. Charles immediately leaned forwards and tightly wrapped his arms around the Dutchman.

"I hate seeing you with her.", Max whispered, his voice a little hoarse from crying. "I know, mon amour. I hate all of this as well. But I'm all yours, I promise. I love you and we can get through this together. And one day we will be able to be together in public. It may not be tomorrow, but the day will come." Charles wiped the tears off of Max' cheeks with his thumb and then pressed a light kiss to his lips.

"Promise?" The Red Bull-driver looked up at him, a spark of hope glinting in his eyes.

"I promise." he smiled in return before he kissed him again.

---

This is for littllediablo

Big sorry for not posting a lot of oneshots here currently.
I'm just really invested in my Arthur x Lando story "641.8 miles", so it's really hard for me to write anything else at the moment. Feel free to check it out :D
That's also why I feel like this oneshot isn't really my best but I hope you enjoyed reading it anyway.

Thanks! <3