[9] Charles Leclerc x Pierre Gasly

[9] "I choose silence over being lied to
I choose drinkin' alone, drownin' in my tears in my bedroom
'Cause it'll make me happier than you do
I choose crying over you" - Crying Over You by The Band Camino & Chelsea Cutler

---

Pierre couldn't stand it any longer. The constant lying, ignoring and playing games. It was enough. He didn't want Charles to have this kind of impact on him anymore. Because all it did was hurt.
Every time, he passed him in the paddock and he didn't even look at him. Every time he woke up alone in an empty bed, even though the other had promised to stay. Every time Charles told him how much he loved him, just to remind him that they were only friends with benefits, the next day.
It was enough.

He would have given anything for Charles to say those three magical words to him and actually mean it. But he finally realized that this would never happen. It was a waste of time to wait and hope for a change. He would never be more than a toy to Charles. A toy he would play with for the moment and then just throw away as soon as something better came around.

The Ferrari-driver knew exactly what to say, to get Pierre to do anything for him.
Fuck, he would die for him. But Charles would never do the same thing for him. He kept manipulating him. Kept lying straight to his face. Kept using him and playing with his heart. Over and over and over again.

But not anymore. Pierre was finally strong enough to let go. To walk out of this toxic relationship for his own sake. He'd rather end it all now and never feel this kind of love, like the one he felt towards the monegasque again. Never feel the warmth of Charles' body next to his again. Never feel his soft lips and the slight stubble around them on his own again. Never be held close by his strong arms again. And he broke his own heart once again by walking away.

Because he knew, this was the only way, he could stop the circle of Charles hurting him over and over again. Being heartbroken now and being able to get over it with time, was far better than sticking with Charles and getting his hopes up again every time, just to have them destroyed again the next morning. It was better than being lied to. Better than wasting time trying to figure out what the other one thought or felt. Better than loving someone with all your heart who would never love you back in the same way.

That's why Pierre was here alone in his hotelroom now, staring at the ceiling and didn't even try to stop the tears from running down his face. He knew he would have never been happy with Charles. At least not for long. The only way to truly be happy again, was to get over him.

And getting over someone mostly starts with crying your eyes out until you no longer feel the pain. So that's exactly what he did.

---

Requested by Chami2207

This is a little shorter and different than my other oneshots and also pretty sad again, I'm sorry!

Next one is gonna be happy & fluffy again, i promise :)

Hope you liked it!