Lando Norris x Daniel Ricciardo

"Hey!" Daniel typed into his phone, just to quickly delete the message again right after. He had done this at least 5 times now in the past few hours but never had the guts to actually send the text.

With a quiet sigh he locked his phone again and threw it onto the sofa next to him. He just couldn't bring himself to make the first move. He knew Lando was gay and according to Max, Alex and George "very obviously and madly in love with him" but Daniel couldn't quite believe this. After all Lando was still a teenager. He had turned 21 only a few days ago and had never been in a serious relationship before . How could that boy be in love with a man 10 years older than him? Maybe he had a little crush on Daniel because they had the same sense of humour and had spent a lot more time together recently but that was it. There couldn't be more!

At least that's what the Aussie had told himself and his friends over and over again. But every time he did so, he felt a slight sting in his chest and was glad when the topic of the discussion finally chanced so he wouldn't have to think about it any longer.

"Damn it, just ask him out already! I don't think I can take you two sneaking around each other like this any longer! I've told you a millon times: He will say yes! Lando is just as into you as you are into him." Max shouted angrily but as Daniel lifted his head to look at his best friend in shock, he was greeted with a big grin. "You know I can't." he just mumbled in return and wanted to take his phone again but the dutchman was faster. "If you can't do it, then I'll do it for you!" he simply said and started typing.

"No! Max, please don't!" Daniel shouted and leaped across the sofa to try and snatch his phone from Max's hands again but it was too late. His friend had already hit send and held out the phone to him with a satisfied smile on his face.

"Hey, wanna go out to dinner with me tonight?" he could read on the bright screen as he took the smartphone into his own hands again. But before he could even think or worry about the consequences of what Max had just done, a short buzzing of the phone told him that he had already received an answer:"Sure, how about 8? :)"

Daniel just stared at the screen and blinked a few times, unable to react to this unexpected response. "See? I told you!" Max exclaimed triumphantly, looking over his shoulder. "Told him what?" a voice came from the door as Alex entered the Red Bull motorhome and sat down on the sofa next to them. "That Lando would say yes to a date with him." Max explained still grinning. "You finally asked him out? Oh thank god, it was about time!" Alex started smiling too, just as his phone started to ring in his pocket. "I bet that's Lando freaking out about it." he smirked while taking it out and then showed the other two the screen which told them, that it was in fact Lando calling him.

Daniel jumped up and stammered something about having to talk to his mechanics which only earned him amused looks from the two Red Bull drivers. After wandering around aimlessly for god knows how long, he slowly started to completely realize what had happened. He would go on a date with Lando! The sweet, innocent litte Lando actually wanted to go out with him. He still couldn't quite believe that he wasn't dreaming all of this. It couldn't be real! He couldn't go out with a 21 year old! He was too old for Lando! Panic begin to rise in Daniel's chest. What had Max done?

He took out his phone and stared at the message again. Lando had actually said yes. His heart started beating faster as he typed "Great, I'll pick you up at 8 then". He hit send before he could think about it again. It was too late now, he couldn't back out anymore. With very mixed feelings Daniel turned around and made his way to his own motorhome. He couldn't turn up to the date like this, sweaty and still in his workout clothes, after all.

--

"You really think it looks good?" Lando asked nervously biting his lip und turning around to Alex for the third time now while tugging on his white shirt. "Yes, I really do and I'm sure Daniel will too. Now stop worrying so much!" Alex laughed. He wanted to add something but was interrupted by a knock on the door which made Lando jump slightly before he quickly walked over and opened it with shaking hands. "Hi." Daniel greeted him and couldn't help but smile at the sight of the young brit. "Hey." Lando answered as he quickly stepped out of his room and closed the door behind them so that Alex wouldn't be able to make things even more awkward then they already were.

"So, Carlos told me you really like sushi. I found this really nice Sushi place just a few minutes from here and I figured we could-" Daniel couldn't keep a straight face anymore, as he took a look over at Lando who stared at him in shock looking a lot more like a beaten puppy than a Formula 1 driver in this moment. "I'm just kidding!" he added quickly, showing his big signature smile. Lando seemed to be very relieved as he boxed the older mans shoulder lightly and started laughing too. This had lightened the mood immensely so that they could spend the rest of the evening joking and laughing together almost as if this wasn't their very first date and as if they hadn't both been extremely nervous about it.

"That was ... really nice." Lando smiled shyly as they arrived in front of his door again. It was almost midnight now. They had been so immersed in their conversation and enjoying themselves so much that they hadn't even realized how much time had gone by until the waiter had informed them that the restaurant would be closing very soon.

"Yeah, it really was." Daniel answered happily. He had completely forgotten about all his doubts regarding their age gap by now. He had never felt so connected to anyone before and he had never been more sure about love than in this moment. All of a sudden age was just a number and didn't mean anything to him anymore. Throwing the tiniest rest of his worries overboard, Daniel took a step towards Lando so that their noses were almost touching now and put his right hand on the others cheek carefully.

"Can I kiss you?" he almost whispered. Lando just nodded slightly, his eyes fluttering shut as he felt Daniel's warm lips pressed against his own only seconds later. The kiss was soft and innocent but also full of emotion. Lando grabbed the front of Daniels shirt and pulled him even closer, scared that his knees might give in any second. The Aussie smiled into the kiss before he pulled away slowly, both of his hands still resting on the others cheeks.

"Do you wanna come in and watch a movie or something?" Lando gestured towards the door blushing slightly. "If you want me to?" Daniel replied as his face turned slightly pink too. The other smiled, grabbed his hand and turned around to open the door. Just to be greeted with a loud "Oh my god, finally!" followed by cheers and whistles only seconds after. Max, Alex, George and Carlos were sitting on the couch in front of them all grinning like mad. "Have you idiots all been waiting here for us?" Dan laughed, still holding on to Lando's hand. "Of course! We deserve to be the first to know how it went after having to stand you two pining for each other and playing matchmaker, trying to get you to go on a date for so long." Max jumped up. "And it looks like it worked." He added with a smirk gesturing to their still intertwined hands.

"Yeah, yeah I think it did." The Aussie couldn't stop himself from smiling lovingly at Lando who did the same and squeezed his hand a little before he turned to their friends again. "And I'm really thankful for that but now I want my cute date all to myself, so piss off." he laughed as he held the door open for Max, Alex, Carlos and George who reluctantly got up and left still mumbling things like "Fucking finally!" and "We actually did it, we're such good matchmakers."

After closing the door behind them, Daniel turned around to Lando, immediately pulling him into another kiss. The smaller one tangled his fingers in Daniels curls and smiled into the kiss as he thought: Yeah, they finally did it.

--

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked my first oneshot!

Feel free to comment or message me which pairing or situation I should write about next.

xx